There is a regular need of practice paper of general knowledge as it contains a huge range of facts and figures which is very important from the exam point of view. It is not possible to buy a book and reading it makes you qualify the exam. So, you need some additional dosage of previously asked questions in various examinations. In this context, the dedicated team of www.jagranjosh.com has prepared various practice sets based on their importance and repetition in several exams. In this article, you can traverse all papers. These GK sets are not only for SSC CGL exam but also for banking exams, other SSC Exams and for various regional/state based examinations. A glimpse of this question paper is given below: -
Challenge your Mind
1. Which instrument is used for measuring humidity in air?
2. Diameter of white blood corpuscles in human body is about?
(a) 0.007 mm
(b) 0.7 mm
(c) 0.07 mm
(d) 0.0007 mm
3. The device used for converting alternating current to direct current is called?
4. What is the unit of atmospheric pressure?
5. Who is the recipient of Nobel Prize for literature of 2008?
(a) Jean Maire Gustav Le Classio
(b) V.S. Naipaul
(c) Henry Kessinger
(d) Jean Paul Sartre
6. 38th Parallel border lines divides which of the two following countries?
(a) Poland and Germany
(b) Pakistan and Afghanistan
(c) India and Tibet
(d) North Korea and South Korea
7. The first Indian communication satellite APPLE was launched on?
(a) 27 Feb, 1982
(b) 18 September 1981
(c) 19 June, 1981
(d) 25 December 1981
8. Which one of the following pairs (Authors and Book) is properly matched?
(a) Sunil Gavaskar –Cricket My Style
(b) Hillary Clinton–Living History
(c) Dominique Lepierre–Myth of Mahatma
(d) Minoo Masani The struggle for peace.
9. Which ruler of Vijaynagar had sent his embassy to the emperor of China?
(a) Harihara I
(b) Bukka I
(c) Krishna Devraya
(d) Saluva Narsingh
10. Arrange the following events in chronological order
(i.) Dandi March (ii.) Simla Pact (iii.) Death of Tilak (iv.) Champaran Satyagraha
(a) ii, iii, i, iv
(b) i, iii, ii, iv
(c) iv, ii, i, iii
(d) iv, iii, i, ii
11. Which is the highest peak in the Maikal Range Hills of Chhattisgarh?
12. Which one of the following pairs (sanctuaries and district) is not properly matched?
13. At which place Chhattisgarh’s super Thermal Power station is located?
14. By which Amendment Act the Fundamental Duties of Citizens are included in Indian constitution?
(a) 42nd Amendment Act
(b) 56th Amendment Act
(c) 73rd Amendment Act
(d) 98th Amendment Act
15. Which Committee had first of all recommended threetier Panchayati Raj in India 1957?
(a) Ashok Mehta Committee
(b) Setalwad Committee
(c) Balwant Rai Mehta Committee
(d) Hanumantayya Committee
16. Planning in India, in real sense, began with the second five year plan. Who was the architect of Indian planning?
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Morarji Desai
(c) C.D. Deshmukh
(d) P.C. Mahalnobis
17. Who won the gold medal in the 100 meter race (men) in the Beijing Olympic of 2008?
(a) Eussen Boltz
(b) Karl Louis
(c) Michael Johnson
(d) Nussan Bukeri
18. The cricket test series between England and Australia is called–
(b) Ashes Harkin
19. Which Country organizes the Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament?
20. Which one of the following records is not associated with Sachin Tendulkar?
(a) Maximum runs in test matches
(b) Maximum runs in one day matches
(c) Maximum centuries in one day matches
(d) Maximum wickets in test matches
Best of luck!!