IIT JEE Advanced 2017 will be conducted on 21st May 2017. It will consist of two papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Each paper will be of 3 hours duration. IIT JEE Advanced is one of the toughest exams in India. This exam is conducted to give admission to IITs and other prestigious engineering institutes. This is the second tier of two tier IIT JEE Examination.
Find Mathematics syllabus for IIT JEE Advanced-2017.
- Algebra of complex numbers, addition, multiplication, conjugation, polar representation, properties of modulus and principal argument, triangle inequality, cube roots of unity, geometric interpretations.
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients, relations between roots and coefficients, formation of quadratic equations with given roots, symmetric functions of roots.
- Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic means, sums of finite arithmetic and geometric progressions, infinite geometric series, sums of squares and cubes of the first n natural numbers.
- Logarithms and their properties.
- Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem for a positive integral index, properties of binomial coefficients.
- Matrices as a rectangular array of real numbers, equality of matrices, addition, multiplication by a scalar and product of matrices, transpose of a matrix, determinant of a square matrix of order up to three, inverse of a square matrix of order up to three, properties of these matrix operations, diagonal, symmetric and skew-symmetric matrices and their properties, solutions of simultaneous linear equations in two or three variables.
- Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability, Bayes Theorem, independence of events, computation of probability of events using permutations and combinations.
- Trigonometric functions, their periodicity and graphs, addition and subtraction formulae, formulae involving multiple and sub-multiple angles, general solution of trigonometric equations.
- Relations between sides and angles of a triangle, sine rule, cosine rule, half angle formula and the area of a triangle, inverse trigonometric functions (principal value only).
Click here to Download Complete Syllabus
JEE Advanced-2017: Important dates
JEE Advanced-2017: Eligibility criteria & reservation of seats
IIT JEE Advanced 2016 Paper-2: Detailed Solutions and Questions
IIT JEE Advanced 2016 Paper-1: Detailed Solutions and Questions