Sedentary lifestyle and increasing preference for desk-jobs marks the onset of various ailments. As a smart working professional, you must put all the efforts in boosting your immunity and prolonging longevity. And while you might plan to join various hobby classes to enhance your health, don’t forget to tweak your eating habits.
The first step is to redefine the way you have been planning your lunchbox meals. Including salad as a part of your daily diet will ameliorate vitality and will decrease the process of aging. Just put a little effort in controlling your drooling tongue and convince yourself to abandon the junk diet.
Organisations also conduct training sessions on healthy eating habits to help their employees remain fit. They have recreated unhealthy menu in canteens. So if you do not carry salad in your lunchbox, there is a possibility that you might end up in a situation like this:
1. Blood sugar control: A silent killer to human health. Even this can be cured by the dietary fibres in your meals. Blood sugar control can be easily curbed if you include Spinach, strawberries, blueberries, and walnuts in your salad. They are also known as super foods and will always keep your health bouyant.
2. Heart health: Eating high-fibre diet, lower risk of heart disease to 40 percent. Carry a salad full of corn, spinach, cherry tomatoes, and fresh oreganos to keep your belly full. This salad is recommended to keep heart in healthy shape when you are engaged in a desk job.
3. Stroke: Researchers have found that fiber intake in your meal on a daily basis, reduces risk of stroke by 7 percent.
4. Weight loss: obesity has become a common issue for people engaged in desk-jobs. Yoga, aerobics, exercise are good means, but even they won’t last longer if you miss salad in your lunchbox. Fiber increases feeling of fullness and lets the belly stay away from oily food. Go for Broccoli Salad packed with vitamins K, C, A, and B2 along with fiber, folate, pantothenic acid, chromium, phosphorus, manganese and potassium. It is effective in promoting weight loss in a healthy way.
5. Skin health: Salad kills yeast and fungus production in the body and preventing them from multiplying in your skin. You will never have to fight against acne or rashes and will be complimented for smooth and glowing skin.Go for rainbow salad that comprises of a wide range of colourful vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, and onions. It carries anti-inflammatory benefits for the skin and body parts. You can even include Almach Salad comprising of spinach, tomato, onion, avocado, and almonds. This salad composition reduces the risk of various types of cancer and prevents skin aging.
6. Hemorrhoids: A high-fiber diet will lessen your chances of getting attacked by hemorrhoids. Especially when you have a sitting job, discomfort in veins and lower part of your excretory system can take a toll on your health. To stay away from the risk of haemorrhoids, swear onto fish, avocado, carrots and beets. These ingredients in your lunchbox will make sure that you always feel fresh at work.
7. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): Experiencing stomach related ailments and digestive disorders can also be ebbed with fiber in your diet. Green Bean Salad, Roasted Sweet Potato Cider Salad, or Thai Rice Noodle Salad and some delicious options that will save you from falling prey to IBS.
Know someone who hates to eat salad? Share this article with them and they will surely make a habit of consuming salad on daily basis. For more interesting articles related to office health and office life, please visit www.jagranjosh.com/jobs.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.