CAT 2014: How to fill the application form
CAT 2014 is being conducted by IIM Indore and registration windows have been opened. One can register through the official website www.iimcat.ac.in from 6th August 2014 to 30th September 2014. For your convenience, we have brought step by step registration procedure for CAT 2014.
Before you start registering kindly take care of the following points:
1. Check your eligibility for CAT 2014.
2. Ensure you have a valid and unique email address and mobile number.
3. Collect all the information needed, for filling the form, such as:
- Educational history
- Mark sheets (10th/12th/Degree/Diploma)
- Work experience
- Applicable Certificates to upload
- Scanned images of your passport photo and signature
- List of the IIM programmes to which you wish to apply
Step-by-step registration process for CAT 2014:
Step 1: Registration
Register yourself for CAT 2014 on the official website www.iimcat.ac.in. Following information needs to be entered
- Name of Candidate: This should be the same as on your 12th/Diploma/Degree certificates.
- Date of Birth: Use the calendar icon to select the correct date.
- Email Address: Should be valid and unique. You will receive your User ID on this email address only.
- Mobile Number: Should be valid and unique. You will receive your Password as an SMS on this number only.
After clicking on “I Agree” one commits to be honest and fair in conduct and providing information.
Step 2: Filling the CAT Application form
You are a registered user now. Log in using “Existing User login” option. Application form is categorized in the following –
1. Personal Details:
- Enter Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name and Gender as applicable.
- Specify your Nationality.
- Select the Category under which you are applying. If not General, then enter the additional details such as Serial Number of Caste/Tribe, State/Union Territory of Caste/Tribe, Caste/Tribe Name.
- Select Yes if you are a Person with disability/Differently Abled. Additionally, enter details under PWD/DA Category of disability, Disability Percentage and Wheelchair Support requirement. Download the Differently Abled (Person with Disability) Certificate from the CAT website, fill, and get signatures of appropriate authorities, self-attest and scan as PDF document to upload.
- Mention you communication address
- Upload the applicable documents like Passport Size Photograph and Signature; NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate or PWD/DA Certificate
In this section, you need to fill your education details. Enter only those details that apply to you.
The sections are as follows:
- SSC/10th Std/Equivalent Details
- 12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details
- Bachelor Degree Details
- Other Professional Degree Details
- Master Degree Details
Note: If you have undergone or undergoing an integrated Master’s degree or Dual degree, after your 12th/HSC, compute the percentage of marks obtained as per your University/Institute norms which is considered as equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree for this section.
3. Work Experience: If you are a candidate with work experience, then enter your experience in completed months until 31st July 2014.
4. Programmes: You may select any number of Programme Names in this section. Then, select the Interview City for interview as per the cities in the respective drop down list. Recently, the Government of India has proposed six new IIMS in the country. Interested candidates may also choose Post Graduate Programmes (PGP) in these new locations, as well as, under the section Apply to the Proposed New Six IIMs.
Exam Centre City Preferences:
You may select up to three cities as your choices for taking the CAT 2014 exam. However, the city allocated to you would be based on centre and node availability. This information will be communicated to you on your Admit Card.
A General / NC-OBC candidate will be charged Rs.1600 while an SC/ST /PWD (DA) candidate will be charged Rs.800 to take the CAT 2014 examination. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges as per the table below.
Application Confirmation Email
You will also receive a confirmation email stating the successful submission of your CAT 2014 Application within a few minutes. The email will also contain communication on additional details such as Admit Card download window.