CBSE Class 10 Mathematics and Science Solved Guess Papers 2018
In this article you will get a combo pack of solved guess papers for CBSE Class 10 Mathematics and Science. Both the guess papers are very important to prepare for class 10 board exams 2018.
Both Maths and Science guess papers have been prepared by the subject experts after the brief analysis of previous year question papers and the latest examination format that discussed in the latest sample papers released by the CBSE. Each paper contains fresh questions asked from the important topics of class 10 Mathematics and Science.
Some salient features of this combo pack are:
- Strictly follows the latest examination pattern and CBSE marking scheme
- Contains questions asked form 100% syllabus of the respective subject
- Focuses upon the questions which are of immense importance from exam point of view
- Offers detailed explanations and solutions to each and every question
- Perfect and reliable material for testing your exam preparedness
- Helps in building student's confidence for the final assessment, board exams 2018
Practicing the CBSE class 10 Maths and Science guess papers given here will help you understand the depth with which a topic should be studied in order to prepare more effectively for the upcoming CBSE class 10 board exams 2018 and get desired results.
Given below is the structure of each guess paper constituting this combo pack:
Structure of CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Guess Paper
- The question paper consists of 30 questions divided into four sections A, B, C and D.
- Section A contains 6 questions of 1 mark each.
- Section B contains 6 questions of 2 marks each.
- Section C contains 10 questions of 3 marks each.
- Section D contains 8 questions of 4 marks each.
Structure of CBSE Class 10 Science Guess Paper
- This paper consists of 27 questions divided into two sections, A and B.
- Question numbers 1 and 2 in Section-A are one mark questions.
- Question numbers 3 to 5 in Section- A are two marks questions.
- Question numbers 6 to 15 in Section-A are three marks questions.
- Question numbers 16 to 21 in Section-A are 5 marks questions.
- Question numbers 22 to 27 in Section- B are practical based questions carrying two marks each.
The CBSE Class 10 Science and Mathematics Guess Papers provided in this combo pack will not only help the students to acquaint with the important topics and questions to be prepared for the CBSE class 10 board exams but also give them a preview of the board exam question papers.
Some sample questions from the CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Solved Guess Paper 2018 are:
Q. If a and b are two positive integers such that the least prime factor of a is 3 and the least prime factor of b is 5 then calculate the least prime factor of (a + b).
a and b are two positive integers such that the least prime factor of a is 3 and least prime factor of b is 5.
Then least prime factor of (a + b) is 2.
Q. If the sum of two natural numbers is 8 and their product is 15, find the numbers.
Let the numbers be x and (8 – x)
According to the question:
x(8 – x) = 15
⟹ 8 x – x2 = 15
⟹ 0 = x2 − 8x + 15
⟹ x2 − 5x − 3x + 15 = 0
⟹ x(x – 5) – 3 (x – 5) = 0
⟹ (x – 5) (x – 3) = 0
⟹ x – 5 = 0 Or x – 3 = 0
⟹ x = 3 Or x = 5
When x = 3, numbers are 3 and 5.
When x = 5, numbers are 5 and 3.
Q. If two positive integers p and q are written as are prime numbers, then verify:
LCM (p, q) × HCF (p, q) = pq
Here, LCM (p, q) = a3b3
And LCM (p, q) a2b
⟹ LCM (p, q) × LCM (p, q) = a5b4
= (a3b3) (a3b) = pq
Some sample questions from the CBSE Class 10 Science Solved Guess Paper 2018 are:
Q. (a) What are the functions performed by the testis in human beings?
(b) Why do testes in mammals descend into scrotum?
(a) Testis are the sites for the formation of sperms. They also produce a hormone named testosterone which is responsible for secondary sex characters in males.
(b) The growth and maintenance of spermatogenic tissue and spermatogenesis require a cooler temperature than the body temperature. This is provided by the descent of testes into scrotum.
Q. Write the full form of DNA. Name the part of the cell where it is located. Explain its role in the process of reproduction of the cell.
The full form of DNA is deoxyribonucleic acid.
It is the genetic material found in the chromosomes, which are present in the nucleus of a cell.
Role of DNA in the process of reproduction of the cell: DNA is transmitted to the embryo to give it the genetical characteristics. The reproducing cell produces an identical copy of DNA through some cellular mechanism. Since the newly formed copy of DNA lacks an organised cellular structure, the cell gets divided to provide cell cover to the newly formed DNA. Thus, two daughter cells are formed from the single cell as a result of the copying of DNA.
Q. Write two precautions to be taken while identifying different parts of an embryo of a dicot seed.
(i) Conditions essential for the seed germination, like warmth, moisture and air, should be optimum.
(ii) Care must be taken to separate two cotyledons so that the embryonal axis is intact.