CBSE Class 10 Science Exam 2018: Paper analysis and feedback shared by students and teachers
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducted the CBSE Class 10 Science Exam today. The exam started at 10:30AM and concluded at 1:30PM. The exam started at 10:30AM and will get over by 1:30PM with the duration of 3 hours.
After the exam got over, we talked to a few students and teachers to get their review about the difficulty level and other important aspects of the CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper 2018.
Feedback from students and teachers about the question Paper is given below:
Difficulty level of the question paper: Easy
All the questions in the paper were from the syllabus
No questions repeated from the last year’s paper
Practical based questions in Section- B were easy
Average marks expected by students: 75 Marks
Format of the CBSE Class 10 Science Board Paper 2018
This year with the implementation of the new assessment pattern in class 10 under which the mandatory board exams are being conducted as the annual assessment, a different format is being followed in board question papers. Class 10 Science question paper also had a different format as compared to that followed in the previous years.
The CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper Pattern was completely according to the latest sample paper released by the CBSE board.
The CBSE class 10 Science the board questions paper format was as follows:
- The question paper consisted of two sections, A and B.
- Question numbers 1 and 2 in Section-A were one mark questions which required to be answered in one word or in one sentence.
- Question numbers 3 to 5 in Section- A were two marks questions which required to be answered in 30 words each.
- Question numbers 6 to 15 in Section- A were three marks questions which required to be answered in about 50 words each.
- Question numbers 16 to 21 in Section- A were all 5 marks questions which required to be answered in 70 words each.
- Question numbers 22 to 27 in Section- B were based on practical skills with each question carrying two marks question.
- All the questions were compulsory.
- Internal choices were there in two questions of three marks each and one question of five marks.
Comparison with the previous years’ question paper pattern
As compared to the question paper format followed in the previous’ years, this year class 10 Science Question Paper had following changes:
- No Multiple Choice Questions
- Section- B consisted of all practical based questions
- Number of questions reduced to 27 (previously it was 36)
- Total marks 80 ( previously it was 90)
Comparison with the latest CBSE sample paper
The question paper pattern followed in CBSE Class 10 Science Exam 2018 was exactly similar to the latest CBSE sample paper released for Class 10 Science. From distribution of questions among different sections to the allotment of marks to each question, all were same as described in the CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2018.
Next Important Exam:
For CBSE Class 10 Students next important exam is of Social Science (code 087) which is scheduled to be conducted on 22 March, 2018. Here we are providing important resources to prepare for the exam easily and effectively. Links to these articles are given below: