CBSE Class 10 Social Science Exam 2020: Paper Analysis, Review & Students’ Reaction
CBSE Class 10 Social Science paper under the Board Exam 2020 was held on 18th March, 2020. This was the last paper in the series of important subjects in class 10. Paper was conducted from 10:30 AM to 01:30 PM. We are providing here the CBSE Class 10 Social Science paper analysis and review. A team of Jagran Josh contacted some of the class 10 students to collect their feedback about the difficulty level of their paper. You will get to know the students’ reaction here along with the expert feedback. Question paper of today’s CBSE Class 10 Social Science Exam 2020 is also provided in the following link:
Before knowing the students’ reaction, let us first take a quick glance of the pattern of the CBSE Class 10 Social Science paper 2020.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Paper Pattern 2020
The question paper of class 10 Social Science consisted of total 35 questions. All these questions were divided into four sections; A, B, C and D. These sections were formatted as follows:
- Section A: Question number 1 to 20 were objective type questions carrying 1 mark each.
- Section B: Question number 21 to 28 were short answer type questions carrying 3 marks each.
- Section C: Question number 29 to 34 were long answer type questions carrying 5 marks each. Question number 35 in this section was based on map work. It carried 6 marks
All the questions in the paper were necessary. There was no overall choice given in the paper. However, internal choices were provided in 5 questions of Section A, 4 questions of Section B and 2 questions of Section C.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Board Exam 2020: Student feedback and review of the paper
Some of the major points from the feedback shared by Class 10 students are:
- Most of the students said that the difficulty level of the paper was easy to moderate.
- It was a little lengthy paper.
- MCQs and Match the Column type questions were a little tricky.
- Pattern of the question paper was entirely the same as that of the CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper 2020.
- All the questions were based on the Class 10 Social Science NCERT Book.
- Nothing in the paper was asked out of Class 10 Social Science Syllabus.
- Question on map work was very easy.
- Mostly students are expecting 65+ marks (out of 80 marks).
So if we talk about the general reaction, most of the students found the paper easy and scoring as well.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Paper 2020: Examination experts call it an easy and balanced paper
According to experts, the Class 10 Social Science paper was easy. Social Science paper includes mostly subjective type questions that require more of writing the facts and explanations. Due to this, students often feel short of time and the same would have happened in today’s paper. It just requires a good time management and writing speed. Otherwise, all the questions were based on familiar topics from NCERT. So, the students who would have studied the NCERT book thoroughly and revised all the important topics and concepts would be able to complete their paper correctly.
CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2020 for all students were to conclude on 20th March with the papers of Information & Communication Technology and Computer Applications. But board has postponed these papers due Coronavirus epidemic. Exam for these papers will be scheduled after 31st. All important resources required for the preparation of these two papers will be provided on Jagran Josh. So, keep visiting jagranjosh.com/cbse for all new articles and updates.
Check some important articles regarding the CBSE Class 10 Board Examination 2020: