CBSE 10th Social Science: Study these 5 chapters for Internal Assessment, not for Board Exam 2020
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), in the latest curriculum for class 10 Social Science, has declared that the board will not test a total of five chapters Class 10 Social Science Board Exam 2020. However, the board has clearly mentioned that the same chapters will be evaluated in the periodic tests by schools.
List of CBSE class 10 Social Science chapters which will not be evaluated in the Board Examination 2020:
- Forest and Wildlife (from Unit 2: Contemporary India – II)
- Water Resources (from Unit 2: Contemporary India – II)
- Democracy and Diversity (from Unit 3: Democratic Politics – II)
- Popular Struggles and Movements (from Unit 3: Democratic Politics – II)
- Challenges to Democracy (from Unit 3: Democratic Politics – II)
For the details of CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus check the following link:
CBSE, to eradicate any confusion on removing the chapters from syllabus, had issued a notice according to which no changes have been made in the syllabus of class 10. CBSE's official notice said, "No chapters have been deleted from class 10 Social Science Syllabus. The class 10 students will have to study all the chapters in the due course of time."
This amendment made in the CBSE class 10 Social Science curriculum, is believed to be a part of a curriculum rationalisation exercise undertaken by the ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) to reduce the burden of the curriculum on students.
CBSE has also altered the question paper design for class 10 Social Science exam, which will now have 36 questions in place of 26 questions as per the trend followed till the board examination 2019.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Question Paper for Board Examination 2020 will contain:
- 20 Multiple Choice Questions (1 mark each)
- 8 Short Answer Type Questions (3 marks each)
- 6 Long Answer Type Questions (5 marks each)
- 2 Map Questions (3 marks each)
However, the total marks for the paper has been kept the same which is 80.