CBSE Class 12th Reproduction in Organisms - Stages of Sexual Reproduction
In this video we will learn about the various stages of sexual reproduction and animal breeding.
Each and every organism has a certain life span and they have to continue their generation. Reproduction is the process through which organism passes their genetic material to the next generation.
- Juvenile Phase also known as pre-reproductive phase where rapid growth occurs.
- In plants, this Juvenile Phase is called as vegetative phase.
- Reproductive phase: a plant or animal attains sexual maturity.
- Senescent phase: deterioration of all the organs takes place.
- In flowering plants, reproductive phase mainly two types : Monocarpic plants and poly- carpic plants.
- Strobilus kunthiana and bamboo plants, flower once in its lifetime so they are the example of monocarpic plant.
- China rose and Rose plants, flower every year in its life time so they are the example of polycarpic plants.
- Frog, lizards and many types of birds are the example of seasonal breeding.
- Dogs, cats and human beings are the example of continuous breeding.
Please share your feedback and suggestions for this video.