CBSE Class 9 Science, Motion: Important Questions & Preparation Tips
Try to get clear-cut difference between rest and motion
• Concept of reference point
• Concept of straight line motion
• Study the difference between distance and displacement (Very important)
• Which of the following is true for displacement?
(a) It cannot be zero.
(b) Its magnitude is greater than the distance travelled by the object.
• Meanings of uniform and non-uniform motions and it is must to know real life examples for both motions
• Practice the numerical on distance-time concept
• Calculation of average speed and average velocity. Difference between both velocities
• Units of speed and velocity
• What is the speed of sound in air?
• The odometer of a car reads 2000 km at the start of a trip and 2400 km at the end of the trip. If the trip took 8 hrs, calculate the average speed of the car in km hñ1 and m sñ1.
• Concept of acceleration with examples
• Concept of uniform and non-uniform acceleration and graphical representation for both
• A train starting from a railway station and moving with uniform acceleration attains a speed 40 km hñ1 in 10 minutes. Find its acceleration.
• Shapes of graphs for uniform and non-uniform speed and velocity
• How you can determine the distance moved by a car from its velocity-time graph.
• When an object moves along a straight line with uniform acceleration then how many equations are being used to relate its velocity, acceleration during motion and the distance covered by it in a certain time interval.
• Have a good command over example problems
• The guidelines or conditions to be used the equations of motion like when the signs will be negative and meaning of every quantity used in the same
• What is the quantity which is measured by the area occupied below the velocity-time graph?
• Practice the Velocity-time graph to obtain the equations of motion
• A stone is thrown in a vertically upward direction with a velocity of 5 m s-1. If the acceleration of the stone during its motion is 10 m sñ2 in the downward direction, what will be the height attained by the stone and how much time will it take to reach there?
• Concept of uniform circular motion
• Formula of velocity of an object running on a circular path and either this motion is accelerated or non-accelerated.
• If a person is moving on a hexagonal path, pentagonal path, or an octagonal path, then what type of motion he is trying to approach finally
• An artificial satellite is moving in a circular orbit of radius 42250 km. Calculate its speed if it takes 24 hours to revolve around the earth.
Q. The SI unit of retardation is:
Q. Acceleration is vector or scalar quantity
Q. What information you get from the equation given below:
Q. Study the above equations for free fall motion
Q. A car accelerates at 1.5 m/s2 on a straight road. How much is the increase in velocity in the next 6 seconds?
Q. Pick the correct statement for a scalar quantity:
1. Magnitude only
2. Direction only
3. Both magnitude and direction
4. None of these
Q. State two differences between speed and velocity
Q. Give two examples of uniform and non-uniform motion
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the CBSE Group.