CBSE Class10 Science Sample Paper 2019
Knowing the structure of board question paper and format of questions along with their weightage plays as a key not only for making effective preparation for the board exams but also to write the paper efficiently in an organised way. Here, CBSE sample papers will play a vital role, since the board question papers are generally designed exactly as per the pattern followed in sample papers. Thus CBSE sample papers give a preview of the board question paper format.
In this article, we bring the CBSE Class 10 Science sample paper and its marking scheme that has been published by the board for the Class 10 Board Exam 2019. Students may download the sample paper and marking scheme in PDF format from the links given in this article.
Inside CBSE Sample Paper for Class 10 Science Exam 2019:
- The question paper comprises of five sections – A, B, C, D and E.
- Question numbers 1 and 2 in Section-A are one mark question. They are to be answered in one word or in one sentence.
- Question numbers 3 to 5 in Section- B are two marks questions. These are to be answered in about 30 words each.
- Question numbers 6 to 15 in Section-C are three marks questions. These are to be answered in about 50 words each.
- Question numbers 16 to 21 in Section-D are 5 marks questions. These are to be answered in 70 words each.
- Question numbers 22 to 27 in Section- E are based on practical skills. Each question is a two marks question. These are to be answered in brief.
- Internal choice is given in sections B, C, D and E.
- Total time allowed: 3 Hours
- Maximum Marks: 80
A few sample questions from the CBSE Class 10 Science sample paper 2019 are given below:
Q. Name a common nutrient that is absorbed in the small intestine and reabsorbed by the kidney tubules.
Q. The presence of a particular group of bacteria in water bodies indicates contamination. Identify the group.
Q. How is Magnesium Chloride formed by the transfer of electrons? Why does the solution of Magnesium chloride conduct electricity?
Q. For the same angle of incidence in media A,B and C, the angles of refraction are 20o, 30o and 40o respectively. In which medium will the velocity of light be maximum? Give reason in support of your answer.
Q. The electronic configuration of an element ‘X’ is 2, 8, 6. To which group and period of the modern periodic table does ‘X’ belong? State it valency and justify your answer in each case.
Q. The figure below shows three cylindrical copper conductors along with their face areas and lengths. Compare the resistance and the resistivity of the three conductors. Justify your answer.
Q. The flow of energy between various components of the environment has been extensively studied. Give an outline of the findings.
Q. (a) How will you show experimentally that metals are good conductors of heat.
(b) Describe the extraction of Mercury metal from its ore Cinnabar (HgS).
Q. A compound A (C2H4O2) reacts with Na metal to form a compound ‘B’ and evolves a gas which burns with a pop sound. Compound ‘A’ on treatment with an alcohol ‘C’ in presence of an acid forms a Sweet smelling compound ‘D’(C4H8O2). On addition of NaOH to ‘D’ gives back B and C. Identify A, B, C and D write the reactions involved.
Q. (a)What is meant by the term ‘power of accommodation’? Name the component of eye that is responsible for the power of accommodation.
(b) A student sitting at the back bench in a class has difficulty in reading. What could be his defect of vision? Draw ray diagrams to illustrate the image formation of the blackboard when he is seated at the (i) back seat (ii) front seat. State two possible causes of this defect. Explain the method of correcting this defect with the help of a ray diagram.
To download the complete CBSE Class 10 Science sample paper and its marking scheme, click on the following link:
Also go through the CBSE Class 10 Topper’s Answer Sheet for Science Paper 2018 to learn the criteria followed by CBSE toppers in writing their Board Exam.
Importance of CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2019
CBSE question papers designed for the board exams are completely based on the pattern/format followed in the CBSE sample papers that published for the same year. Solving the latest CBSE sample paper will help Class 10 students to familiarise the structure of board question paper.
CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2019 will help to
- understand the format of questions to be asked in board exam.
- know the division of marks for different sections.
- get an idea about the important questions and topics to be prepared for board exam.
Students should also solve the previous years’ question papers of CBSE Class 10 Science subject, as these papers will offer a variety of questions to solve and give you the practice to code and know what kind of questions might be asked in the board exam 2019. To download the previos years' solved question papers of CBSE Class 10 Science, go to the following link:
To get more of such useful articles for CBSE Class 10 Board Exam preparations, click on the following links:
- NCERT Exemplar Problems and Solutions Class 10 Science: All Chapters
- NCERT Solutions for CBSE Class 10 Science: All Chapters
- CBSE Class 10 Science Exam Pattern and Question Paper Design 2019
- CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2019: Sample Papers and Marking Schemes of all subjects
- CBSE Class 10 Previous Years' Question Papers of All Subjects: 2011-2018
- CBSE Class 10 Syllabus of All Subjects for Board Exam 2019