CBSE Class10 Social Science Sample Paper 2019
Students of Class 10 may download here the latest CBSE sample paper of Social Science here. Marking scheme for this sample paper is also available here. Students should practice the CBSE sample paper provided here to strategies the board exam preparations and draw a plan to write the exam correctly.
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper 2019 will help to
- understand the format of questions to be asked in board exam.
- know the division of marks for different sections.
- get an idea about the important questions and topics to be prepared for board exam.
Also the Marking schemes released for CBSE Social Science sample paper is quite helpful to know the perfect way to include the key points in your answers and write the perfect exam to score optimum marks.
Inside CBSE Sample Paper for Class 10 Social Science Exam 2019:
- The question paper is divided into four sections – Section A, Section B, Section C and Section D.
- The question paper has 26 questions in all.
- Questions from serial number 1 to 7 in Section-A are very short answer type questions. Each question carries one mark.
- Questions from serial number 8 to 18 in Section-B are 3 marks questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 80 words each.
- Questions from serial number 19 to 25 in Section-C are 5 marks questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 100 words each.
- Question number 26 in Section-D is a map question of 5 marks with two parts -26 A from History (2 marks) and 26 B from Geography (3 marks).
- Total time allowed: 3 Hours
- Maximum Marks: 80
Students may download the sample paper and marking scheme in PDF format from the links given in this article.
A few sample questions from the CBSE Class 10 Social Science sample paper 2019 are given below:
Q. Why did Slavic nationalist struggle in the 19th century? Give one reason.
Q. Why did France take up the idea of civilizing mission during mid- nineteenth century? Give one reason.
Q. Why did Charles Dickens write about the terrible effects of industrialisation on people’s lives and characters'? Give one reason.
Q. Interpret any one fear in the minds of religious authorities and monarchs about the printed texts during 16th century in Europe.
Q. “Conservation of resource is vital for development.” Give one example regarding the statement.
Q. The MNC’s of a country sets up a production jointly with the local company of other country. State any one benefit of this joint production to the local company.
Q. “Print culture created the conditions within which French Revolution occurred.” Support the statement with suitable arguments.
Q. “Multi- purpose projects and large dams have come under great scrutiny.” Identify the problems caused by the setting up of these projects and dams.
Q. Why are formal sources of credit preferred over the informal source of credit? Give three reasons.
Q. “Consumer movement can be effective only with the consumer’s active involvement.” Keeping the statement in mind highlight the ways through which consumers can express their solidarity.
Q. Mention any three forms in which communalism is expressed in politics. Describe the solution provided by the Constitution framers of India to meet this challenge?
Q. Locate and label any three of the following with appropriate symbols on the same given outline political map of India.
i. Rawat Bhata Nuclear power plant
ii. Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport
iii. Bhadravati - Iron and Steel plant
iv. Noida Software Technology Park
v. Vijaynagar Iron and Steel Industry
To download the complete CBSE Class 10 Social Science sample paper and its marking scheme, click on the following links:
After going through the CBSE sample paper, you will easily understand the change in the examination structure that was introduced from last session, i.e., 2017-2018. This sample paper will give you an overview of the question paper which you will see in the Board Exam 2019.