CBSE Compartment Exam 2018 Date sheet released: Check the schedule, preparation tips & material
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the date sheet for compartment examination 2018 for both class 10 and class 12. Students who were placed in compartment in their board exam 2018 can appear in the compartment exam in July as per the schedule given below:
CBSE Board 10th Compartment Date Sheet 2018:
Class 10 compartment exam will be conducted from 16 to 24 July 2018.
CBSE Board Compartment 12th Date Sheet 2018 can be found below:
Class 12 compartment exam for all subjects will be conducted on 16 July 2018.
Important note for candidates:
- In addition to theory Examination given above, there will also be practical examination in respect of those candidates who have failed in practical in a subject involving practical.
- Candidates appearing for the compartmental examination in a subject involving practical work are required to appear in theory only in case they have passed in practical.
- The practical examination will be held, unless otherwise notified, at the centre of theory examination within three days after the theory examination is over.
- The duration of practical examination in Physical Education and Music will be at the discretion of the examiner.
- The result of the examination is likely to be declared in the second week of August,
2018.This is only a Probable date for declaration of result. No enquiries about the actual date of declaration of result will be attended to.
How to prepare for CBSE Compartment/Improvement exams 2018?
After having failed to qualify in one or two subjects in class 10 or class 12 CBSE Board Exams 2018, students have the second opportunity in the form of compartment examination when they can put their best forward to clear the exam and improve their scores.
Here we are summarising the top five tips to prepare for the compartment exam so that you may perform well in this attempt.
1. Realise your mistakes from past:
Take and read the question paper that you got in March/April board exams. Try to solve the paper and observe the questions or part of paper where you got struck while writing the board exam. Realise the areas where you made mistakes. Now, work forward to remove all those flaws. Try to analyse the topics which put you down in the exam. Assess all the important topics and chapters individually.
2. Prepare a more effective strategy:
As you could not perform well in last exam, it clearly shows that the strategies you had prepared at that time did not work well. Now, you have more than a month to prepare for the compartment examination. During this period, you can work to prepare new strategies which will help you perform better this time. You can take help of your teachers and elders.
3. Go through the NCERT Books once again:
During the period of one month before the compartment exams begin, just go through the NCERT books thoroughly so that you do not miss any conceptual topic which might be tested in exams. NCERT books will help you cover the full syllabus in effectively in less time.
Check below the links to NCERT study material for class 10 and 12:
4. Past years papers may prove to be of great help:
CBSE compartment question papers are designed in the same way as for the main board exams. The same topics or concepts which were tested in past might be asked directly or with little twist.
Here we are giving the links for past year exam papers for Class 10 and Class 12.
CBSE Class 12
CBSE Class 10
5. Stay motivated for success:
Students, who will appear for the compartment examination in the month of July, would be going through a lot of stress as the result of this exam will adversely affect their academic career ahead. This time all you need is to keep your preparation on track and keep yourself motivated for good results this time.
To get all necessary study material and other exam related updates, keep visiting jagranjosh.com/cbse.