CBSE Marking Scheme for Class 10 English (Communicative) Paper 2018
CBSE has always worked to help students excel in their exams with the help of resources like previous years’ question papers, CBSE sample papers, marking schemes, etc. All these resources are quite helpful put your efforts in right direction so as to make the exam preparations more effective and easier. In this article we are providing the CBSE marking scheme for class 10 English (Communicative) board question paper 2018. This is marking scheme is released by CBSE itself and includes all key answers (or values point) along
Find below the CBSE Class 10 English (Communicative) Marking Scheme 2018:
1. Attempt any eight of the following questions:
(a) What is globalization?
(b) Write any two advantages of globalization.
(c) What was the pressure from the rich countries in the 1990’s?
(d) What is the effect of multinational brands entering the Indian market?
(e) How are the prices of quality products affected due to globalization?
(f) How have the foreign products affected the local industry adversely?
(g) What has been the impact of globalization on the Indian students?
(h) Why has globalization had a negative effect on the poor Indian farmer?
(i) How has the cottage industry benefited from globalization?
- way to open businesses at the international level
- improve technological growth at the international level
- improve economy at the international level
- way in which manufacturers and producers sell their products globally without any restriction (any one)
- provides huge profits to businessmen as they get low cost labour in poor countries
- provides big opportunities to companies to deal with the worldwide market
- helps to consider the whole world as a single market (any two)
c) pressure on poor and developing countries to allow them to spread their businesses by opening their markets
d) started delivering a wide range of quality products at cheap prices
- cheaper products
- prices come down (any one)
- loss of jobs
- loss to the small – scale Indian producers (any one)
- availability of new and latest study books
- availability of information over internet
- collaboration with foreign universities (any one)
- costlier seeds
- costlier agricultural technologies (any one)
- boost in employment
- huge revolution
- spread of businesses (any one)
2.1 On the basis of your reading of the passage, answer any four of the following questions in 30-40 words each:
(a) To whom does success come certainly?
(b) What are the basic things in life we need to achieve success?
(c) What did great men have in plenty to rise to the peak of success? Give any two examples.
(d) What is the one basic requirement of success?
(e) Explain : “Failures are pillars of success.”
a) to those who are sincere/ hard working/ loyal/committed (any two)
b) a proper approach/ planning/ vision and stamina (any two)
c) sincerity/ passion/ high spirits/ punctuality/ commitment/ hard labour (any two)
d) capability/ resources/ sincerity/ passion/high spirits/punctuality/ commitment/ desire/ hard labour (any one)
e) failures are stepping stones-help us to get up and start again/ motivate us
2.2 On the basis of your reading of the passage, fill in any two of the following blanks with appropriate words/phrase :
(a) _________ plays a decisive role in achieving success.
(b) Goals have to be pursued with _________ and _________.
(c) Ratio of success is _________ inspiration.
a) patience/ perseverance/ persistence (any one)
b) sincerity and passion
c) ninety-five percent perspiration and five percent/ five percent (any one)
2.3 Find out the words from the passage that mean the same as the following: (any two)
(a) endurance (para 2)
(b) obstruction (para 4)
(c) motivation (para 5)
b) obstacles/ obstacle
Download the complete CBSE Class 10 English (Communicative) marking scheme along with questions paper from the links given below:
To get more of such useful articles for CBSE Class 10 Board Exam preparations, click on the following links: