Frequently Asked Questions for SWAYAM and SWAYAM Prabha
SWAYAM is an initiative by Government of India under Digital India, wherein, all those students who could not complete their secondary, senior secondary or higher education can continue their education. The students who want to study through online platform of SWAYAM started by MHRD and AICTE jointly as well as Direct to Home TV channels i.e. SWAYAM Prabha can get answers to all queries as answered below –
Question 1: How do I enrol in SWAYAM? What is the registration process for SWAYAM?
Ans. To get admission in SWAYAM, you need to register for SWAYAM in online mode as mentioned below –
- Visit official website of SWAYAM and click on ‘register’ tab given at the top-right corner of the website
- A new page will open for registration of SWAYAM, where you need to click on ‘Sign Up Now’ for new registration
- For registration you need to enter Username, new password, confirm password, your valid e-mail id and click on ‘Send Verification Code’
- Then, you’ll receive a verification code on your e-mail id and you need to enter this code to verify your e-mail address
- You can now enter your Surname, Full name (Given Name) and display name for your SWAYAM account and click on ‘Create’ button
- You need to enter your basic details including your course choice, age, academic details, country, phone numbers, and select a security question and click on ‘Save and Continue’ button to proceed.
- Select ‘I agree’ checkbox to successfully register for SWAYAM.
You are now successfully registered for SWAYAM learning
What is SWAYAM? How is it linked with NIOS?
Question 2: How can I study/take classes from SWAYAM?
Ans. You can take classes from SWAYAM in online mode only through online course study material, assignment, quizzes, online discussion forum or video tutorials.
Question 3: Can I take offline classes from SWAYAM as my internet is not working?
Ans. No, SWAYAM is not available in offline mode and to take classes you need to have a regular internet connection.
Question 4: How can I start a course on SWAYAM?
Ans. Students can start their courses on SWAYAM as mentioned below –
- Once, you are registered with SWAYAM, you can now select your courses from the list of courses available on your dashboard
- Select a course and see full details about the course and click on ‘Enrol now’
- You can see the schedule, discussions, assignments or any announcements for your course.
Question 5: Can I change the course progress or set date for my course?
Ans. You can change the start date of your course from your login account for SWAYAM.
Question 6: How is SWAYAM linked with SWAYAM Prabha?
Ans. SWAYAM Prabha broadcasts video tutorials from SWAYAM platform for all courses.
Question 7: How many TV channels are there for SWAYAM Prabha and which are the DTH service providers for SWAYAM Prabha?
Ans: There are a total of 32 TV channels for SWAYAM Prabha and it is available only on DD Free Dish and Dish TV only. SWAYAM Prabha Channels are not available on TATA Sky, Airtel or Videocon DTH service providers.
Question 8: How can I get SWAYAM Prabha channel on my Television?
- To get SWAYAM Prabha channel, you need to register in online mode on the official website of SWAYAM Prabha
- You need to enter your e-mail id, phone number, password and category for course to register for SWAYAM Prabha
Question 9: What is the use of SWAYAM Prabha TV channel?
Ans. The students will get SMS alert for maximum 20 upcoming topics in a week after they get SWAYAM Prabha. The SMS alert will be sent to the registered mobile number of students. The students will recieve SMS alert on their mobile number at 8 AM on the same day when the topic will be broadcasted on DD free Dish TV.
Question 10: How to get SMS alert for SWAYAM Prabha course notification after registration?
Ans. Students can create SMS alerts to get notifications regarding telecast of courses on SWAYAM Prabha channels as mentioned below –
- Visit the SWAYAM Prabha website (same as used for registration)
- Click on "Channels and Allocation" tab from main menu bar of the website
- You can click on ‘view details’ then select upcoming courses, and you need to select your channel and click on SMS alert icon to create an alert.
Question 11: Is it worth taking online courses from SWAY