IAS Exam:Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan
Relevance of Topic:
1. Government policies and intervention for development in various sector, and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
2. Issues relating to development and management of social sector/services relating to health, education, human resources.
1. Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
2. Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
Practice Question for Students:
1. In recent times there has been a surge in feeling of regionalism which could be counterproductive for the development of India. In this circumstances critically analyze the new initiative ‘Gram Uday se Bharat Uday’. Do you think that it will really harness its potential to bring harmony in society?
2. ‘Gram Uday se Bharat Uday’ initiative will strengthen the local government. Discuss.
The government has declared to initiate a new programme for strengthening the Panchayati Raj and to culminate the Panchayati Raj System to increase the social harmony between villages. The campaign for To inaugurate Gram Uday se Bharat Uday will kick start on 125th Birth Anniversary 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar’s.
This campaign will take place in association with- Central Government + States government + Local Government (Panchayats). It will be organized at various level.
• To generate and escalates nation-wide efforts across villages to increase social harmony.
• Strengthening of Panchayati Raj System
• Promotion of rural development, and to foster and empower farmers for their collective progress.
Tell us, more!
The campaign program ‘Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan’ (Village Self Governance Campaign) will start with Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar’s 125th Birth Anniversary on 14th April 2016 and culminating in Panchayati Raj Day on 24th April 2016, in the period between 14th April to 24th April 2016, the Central Government, in collaboration with States and Panchayats The campaign aims to generate nation-wide efforts to increase social harmony across villages, strengthen Panchayati Raj, promote rural development, and foster farmers’ progress. The Prime Minister will inaugurate the Gram
Gram Uday se Bharat Uday Campaign and address all the Gram Sabhas of the country.
From 14th April to 16th April, 2016 a ‘Social Harmony Programme’ will take place in all Gram Panchayats, supported collaboratively by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj and the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and resolve to strengthen social harmony.
Subsequently to promote agriculture ‘Village Farmer Assemblies’ will be organized in Gram Panchayats. The aim of this programme isto provides the detailed information about schemes regarding agriculture such as the Fasal Bima Yojna, Social Health Card etc. to farmers and their suggestions for bringing about improvements in agriculture will be solicited. Preceding the main event of Gram Sabha meetings for Panchayati Raj Day, a National meeting of tribal women Gram Panchayat Presidents from Fifth Schedule Areas of 10 States will be held, which will be mainly focused on Panchayat and tribal development.
Gram Sabha meetings will be followed by this across the country. On this day, there will be a Prabhat Pheri (or morning walk) in the village, a programme on sanitation, a cultural programme as well as a sports programme. The topics of discussions in these Gram Sabhas will include :-
• Gram Panchayat Development Plans for local economic development,
• Optimum utilization of funds available with Panchayati Raj Institutions,
• Clean drinking water and sanitation,
• Role of women in village and rural development.
• Social inclusion including welfare of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, person with Disabilities and other marginalized groups.
Information regarding various schemes for socio-economic development will be provided.