How to apply for recruitment as officers through IFS exam?
1) Candidates are required to apply online using the link http://www.upsconline.nic.in
2) Candidates residing in certain Remote Areas can exercise the option of applying through Offline mode also by using the New Common Application Form (Form E) being used for examinations conducted by the Commission.
3) This Application Form along with an Information Brochure containing general instructions for filling up the form, an acknowledgement card, and an envelope for sending the application is obtainable from the designated Head Post Offices/ Post Offices throughout the country against the cash payment of Rs 30/- (Rupees Thirty only).
4) Form should be purchased from the designated Post Offices only and not from any other agency. This Form can be used only once and for only one examination.
5) Candidates, who wish to apply offline, must use the Form supplied with the Information Brochure only and they should in no case use photocopy/ reproduction/ unauthorised printed copy of the Form.
6) Since this Form is electronically scannable, due care should be taken to fill up the Application Form, correctly. The candidate should also fill up in the relevant places of the Acknowledgement Card, their Application Form Number and the name of the examination.
7) The applicants are required to affix the postage stamp of Rs 6/- on the Acknowledgement Cards and send the same along with Application Form to UPSC. If an applicant fails to affix the postage stamp of requisite amount his/her Acknowledgement Card will not be dispatched and Commission will not be responsible for non-receipt of Acknowledgement Card by the applicant.
8) The duly filled in Application Form and the Acknowledgement Card should then be mailed in the special envelope supplied with the Information Brochure. The candidates should also write the name of examination viz. ”Indian Forest Service Examination, 2011" on the envelope before despatching it to “Controller of Examinations, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069”.
Candidates should note that all Offline Applications from remote areas only will be received by Post/Speed Post only and no application will be received by Hand or by Courier.