IAS Exam (Preliminary)
The IAS (Indian Administrative Services) or Civil Services Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of objective type (multiple choices) and carry maximum of 400 marks. The two papers are:
Paper I (duration-2 hrs)-General Studies for 200 marks –
• Current events of national and international importance
• History of India and Indian national movement.
• Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
• Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
• Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
• General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that don't require subject specialization.
• General science.
Paper II (duration- 2 hrs)-aptitude test for 200 marks-
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• Decision making and problem solving
• General mental ability
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
• English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
To get latest Current Affairs Click Here