IAS Questions for Prelims: 20 October 2017Athar Imam Raza
The Given IAS questions based current issues are very efficient for IAS preparation. Every IAS aspirant should focus on such questions before the IAS Prelims Exam. We have provided IAS questions based on the current affairs are very important for IAS Prelims Exam 2018.
1. Recently, India has signed a MoC on Technical Intern Training Programme (TITP) which of the following countries?
The MoC on TITP is expected to significantly expand the bilateral cooperation between India and Japan in the field of skill development. India is the third country with which Japan has signed the MoC as per the requirements of the Technical Intern Training Act scheduled to enter into force in November 2017.
The MoC on TITP paves the way for sending Indian technical interns to Japan for on-the-job training for a period of three to five years. As per Government of Japan’s data for end-2016, approximately 230,000 technical intern trainees from multiple countries are on training in Japan. In 2016, about 1,08,709 technical interns entered Japan from various partner countries such as Vietnam, China and Indonesia that account for large numbers.
2. INDRA-2017, an annual military exercise between India and Russia organised in at which of the following ports?
a. Port of St. Petersburg
b. Port of Vladivostok
c. Visakhapatnam Port
d. New Mangalore Port
India and Russia have had longstanding military and diplomatic ties and to preserve these bonds of cooperation, India and Russia undertake annual military exercise INDRA. This milestone in military cooperation of the two nations epitomizes their strong and resilient relations. INDRA-2017 is the first tri-service bilateral exercise between the two countries.
On 18 Oct 2017, Indian contingent flew in IL-76 aircraft of the Indian Air Force to Vladivostok comprising of Army and Air Force personnel. The contingent, led by the Task Force Commander, Maj Gen ND Prasad was accorded a warm welcome by Commander of the Fifth Army of Russian Eastern Military District, Maj Gen Kutuzov.
On 19 Oct 2017, two indigenously built Indian Naval ships INS Satpura and INS Kadmatt arrived at Vladivostok Port and were given a traditional ceremonial welcome. Rear Admiral Anatoliy Zelinsky, Deputy Commander, Pacific Fleet of the Russian Navy was present on the occasion.
3. Recently, two migratory bird species were sighted by the birdwatchers for the first time in Tamil Nadu. Consider the following statements regarding this:
1. Two migratory bird species, Eurasian Marsh Harrier (also called Western Marsh Harrier), and Common Stonechat, were sighted by a group of bird watchers, reportedly for the first time, near S. Periyapalayam irrigation tank.
2. Common Stonechat comes from central Asia, and Europe and Western Marsh Harrier come from western Eurasia and Africa.
Which of the above statements is true?
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
Two migratory bird species, Eurasian Marsh Harrier (also called Western Marsh Harrier), and Common Stonechat, were sighted by a group of bird watchers, reportedly for the first time, near S. Periyapalayam irrigation tank.
The Nature Society of Tirupur attributes a few possible reasons for the sudden appearance of these two birds here. “Either they may have lost their way to places they usually visit, or because of the disturbances happened to their earlier habitats,” said Mr. Ravindran, a regular bird watcher at S. Periyapalayam tank for a decade.
4. The Indian peacekeepers are part of the UN Mission have been awarded the UN Medal for their professionalism and service in protecting civilians and building a durable peace in which of the following conflict-ridden country?
b. South Sudan
Fifty Indian peacekeepers stationed in South Sudan have been awarded the UN Medal for their professionalism and service in protecting civilians and building a durable peace in the conflict-ridden country.
The Indian peacekeepers are part of the UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS). They are deployed with the Indian battalion stationed at Bor in the Jonglei region of South Sudan. They were presented with the award recently by UNMISS Force Commander General Frank Mushyo Kamanzi.
5. Which of the following Indian Airports got a place in top five in the category of 2-5 million passengers in ACI-ASQ Survey?
a. Jaipur Airport
b. Srinagar Airport
c. IGI Airport
d. Both a and b
The Jaipur and Srinagar Airport got First and Second rank respectively in the category of 2-5 million passengers in ACI-ASQ Survey. Dr. Guruprasad Mohapatra, Chairman, Airports Authority of India along with his team received the ACI-ASQ Award at a function held in Mauritius on 17th October 2017. The Chairman congratulated both APDs for their stupendous achievement and challenged more AAI airports to compete and win at ACI-ASQ Awards in their respective categories in future.
This is for the second consecutive time that Jaipur Airport has been rated the Best Airport in the World in the traffic volume of 2 to 5 million passengers per year. Jaipur was ranked as the Best Airport in the World catering to a traffic volume of 2 to 5 million passengers per year in 2016 also.