Improvement in Food Resources: Important Questions & Preparation Tips
Revise the Important Tips for the chapter Improvement in Food Resources and then opt for the Important Questions:
- What is animal husbandry?
- Define domestication
- Major group of activities for improving crop yield
- What do we get from cereals, pulses, fruits, and vegetables?
- Different ways of crop improvement
- List the major sources of food. What are the common practices we perform to obtain the food?
- List some important traits of improved crops.
- Why is excess use of fertilizers detrimental for environment?
- What is hybridization?
- White Revolution?
- Name the programmes executed in India to increase food production
- Name the crop season in India
- About broiler
- Different types of cereals, pulses, and oil seeds with their crop examples
- What are the two nutrients/elements that plants take from air?
- From where do plants acquire the following elements?
- Nitrogen and Hydrogen
- What are manures?
- What is the full-form of IARI?
- List the macro and micro nutrients
- Types of manures based on biological material
- What is the difference between fertilizer and manure?
- Give examples of commonly used irrigation systems in our country
- Vermi-compost and its use
- What is organic farming?
- Write about the following:
- Concept of mix cropping
- How do biotic and abiotic factors affect crop production?
- What are the desirable agronomic characteristics for crop improvements?
- Example/s of inter-cropping
- Common examples of pesticides and fumigants
- Crop pattern and its benefits
- What management practices are common in dairy and poultry farming?
- What are the differences between broilers and layers and in their management?
- Examples of fresh water and marine water fishes
- Advantages of composite fish culture?
- What is pasturage and how is it related to honey production?
Important Questions are as below:
Q. What are concentrates?
Q. What is culture fishery?
Q. What is mericulture?
Q. What are weeds and why they are unwanted?
Q. What is apiculture? List the important species of bees.
Q. What are layers?
Q. Name two indigenous and two exotic breeds of poultry
Q. Explain the steps of vermi-compost
Q. What is the main food?
Q. What is composting?
Q. Name the bee species known as Indian bee
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the CBSE Group.