JEE Advanced 2019 on May 27 by IIT Roorkee; Top 245000 candidates of JEE Main 2019 are eligible
JEE Advanced 2019 i.e. Joint Entrance Exam Advanced level is the next stage of selection after JEE Main for admissions to Indian Institutes of Technology offering engineering courses. Joint Admission Board is the exam authority but the conducting authority of JEE Advanced is any of the IITs on rotational basis. This year, JEE Advanced will be conducted on May 27, 2019 by IIT Roorkee. There will be two papers for JEE Advanced 2019 based on three subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates who are going to appear for JEE Main 2019 can check here all about JEE Advanced 2019 including exam dates date, reservation and eligibility criteria as mentioned here.
JEE Advanced 2019 Key facts
Exam date: May 27, 2019
Exam level – National Level
Exam authority – Joint Admission Board (JAB)
Conducted by – IIT Roorkee
Number of appearing candidates – 2, 45, 000
Exam mode – Computer Based Test
Number of papers – 2
JEE Advanced 2019 Eligibility Criteria
1. Performance in JEE Main 2019:
Candidates must score qualifying score in JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 to be among the top 2,45,000 eligible for JEE Advanced 2019.
2. Age limit of candidates:
Candidates must be born on or after October 1,1994. However, SC, ST and PwD candidates are provided 5 years relaxation i.e. their birth date should fall on or after October 1, 1988
3. Number of attempts:
JEE Advanced allows only 2 chances to appear in exam in two consecutive years. Candidates should not have appeared for JEE Advanced 2017.
4. Appearance in Class 12th board or equivalent qualifying examination:
- A candidate must have appeared for Class 12th examination for the first time either in academic session 2017- 2018 or 2018-2019.
- However, if the examination Board of Class 12th has announced the results for the academic session 2016-17 after June 2017, then the candidates of that board who appeared for their class 12th board exam in 2017 are also eligible, but they meet the other eligibility criteria.
- If the Board of Class 12th examinations have declared the results for the academic year 2016-17 before June 2017 but the result of the applicant was withheld, then he/she is not eligible for JEE Advanced 2019.
5. Earlier admission at IITs:
- A candidate must NOT have secured admission in any of the IITs even if they have not attended the classes in the program
- Candidates who were admitted at any of the IITs but their admission was cancelled after joining due to any reason are also NOT eligibl.
- Candidates admitted in a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2018 can appear in JEE (Advanced) 2019.
- The candidates who have paid tuition fee after admission in year 2018 but –
a. They did not report at any of the reporting centre OR,
b. withdrew before the last round of seat allotment OR,
c. had their seat cancelled (due to any reason) before the last round of seat allotment for admission year 2018, are eligible.