Joint CSIR-UGC NET December 2013: Model Papers: Chemical Sciences
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) is going to organize Joint CSIR UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) on 22nd December 2013 in six notified subjects. Jagranjosh.com is providing the sample model paper for the candidates preparing for this exam.
CSIR holds the Joint CSIR-UGC NET twice a year, usually in the month of June and December. And, this is the time for CSIR-UGC NET - December 2013, which is going to be held on 22nd December in the subjects - Chemical Sciences; Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences; Life Sciences; Mathematical Sciences; Physical Sciences; Engineering Sciences.
1. [CoCla]2- shows a deep blue colour because of
1. Metal to ligand charge transfer transition
2. Ligand to metal charge transfer transition
3. Spin allowed and Laporte forbidden d-d transition
4. Spin allowed and Laporte allowed d-d transition
2. The violet colour of iodine vapour is due to
1. n-π* transition
2. π-π* transition
4. π*-σ* transition
3. Choose the correct statement among the following
1. Diamond has lower thermal and electrical conductivities compared to graphite
2. Diamond has similar thermal and electrical conductivities compared to graphite
3. Diamond has higher thermal conductivity but lower electrical conductivity compared to graphite
4. Diamond has the same thermal but lower electrical conductivity compared to graphite
CSIR will issue the list of registered candidates on 20 November 2013 for Joint CSIR UGC NET December 2013 scheduled to be held on 22 December.