KVS PGT Computer Science 2017 Previous Year Paper with Answers
To crack the KVS PGT/ TGT/ PRT 2018 Exam, candidates must practice the previous year papers of the different subjects for which they are applying this year. It will help them in improving their speed of attempting maximum questions in minimum time with accuracy. So, in this article we have shared the KVS PGT Computer Science 2017 Previous Year Paper alongwith their answers.
KVS PGT Computer Science 2017 Previous Year Paper with Answers
1. Which of the following most accurately describes "multiple inheritances”?
A. When two classes inherit from each other.
B. When a child class has two or more parent classes.
C. When a base class has two or more derived classes.
D. When a child class has both an "is a" and a "has a" relationship with its parent class.
2. The logic circuit of binary adder which is used to add two 4-bits binary numbers requires ____ half adder (s) and _________ full adder(s).
A. 1, 3
B. 3, 1
C. 2, 2
D. 4, 0
3. ____ refers to the amount of time required to position the read - write head of a hard disk on appropriate sector.
A. Seek time
B. Rotational latency
C. Access time
D. Load time
4. Anti-aliasing is important to improve the readability of text. It deals with the:
A. Spacing between two individual characters.
B. Spacing of a group of characters.
C. Underlining of letters.
D. Elimination of "jaggies".
5. Assume X and Y are non-zero positive integers. Consider the following pseudocode fragment: while X != Y do if X gt y then X = X- Y else Y= Y - X endif endwhile print (X) What is the code doing?
A. It computes the LCM of two numbers.
B. It divides the largest numbers by the smaller.
C. If finds the smaller of two numbers.
D. It computes the GCD of two numbers.
6. How many gate (S) would be required to implement the following Boolean expression after simplification? Expression: AC + ABC
7. To declare the version of XML, the correct syntax is:
A. ? xml version ='1.0'/
B. ? xml version ="1.0"/
C. * xml version ='1.0'/
D. / xml version ='1.0'/
8. A multimedia project is said to be _________ and user-interactive when users are given navigational control.
9. On which of the following storage media, storage of information is organized as a single continuous spiral groove?
B. Floppy disk
C. Hard disk
10. The addressing mode used in an instruction of the from ADD X, Y is:
11. The problem of indefinite blockage of low-priority jobs in general priority scheduling algorithm can be solved using:
A. Dirty bit
12. What is garbage collection in the context of Java?
A. The operating system periodically deletes all of the Java files available on the system.
B. When all references to an object are gone, and then the memory used by the object is automatically reclaimed.
C. Any java package imported in a program and not being used is automatically deleted.
D. The java virtual machine (JVM) checks the output of any java program and deleted anything that does not make sense at all.
13. Which of the following represents the life-cycle of software development?
A. Analysis -Design - Coding - testing - operation and maintenance
B. Analysis - Design - Coding - operation and maintenance - testing
C. Design - Analysis -Coding - testing - operation and maintenance
D. Design - Analysis -Coding - operation and maintenance – testing
14. In a relational database model, cardinality of a relation means
A. The number of tuples
B. The number of tables
C. The number of attributes
D. The number of constraints
15. The 10 base 5 cabling is also known as ___________.
A. Thick Ethernet
B. Gigabit Ethernet
C. Thin Ethernet
D. Fast Ethernet
16. What is the bit rate for transmitting uncompressed 800 X 600 pixel color frame with 8 bits/pixel at 40 frames / second ?
A. 2.4 mbps
B. 153.6 mbps
C. 15.36 mbps
D. 1536 mbps
17. What is the length of an IP address in bytes (pre-IPv6)?
18. Program counter contents indicate:
A. The time elapsed since execution begins.
B. The count of programs being executed after switching the power ON.
C. The address where next instruction is stored.
D. The time needed to execute a program.
19. Which of the following is the most appropriate format for graphics that are to be embedded within an internet document?
20. The technology that stores only the essential instructions on a microprocessor chip and thus enhances its speed is referred to as:
21. Ten signals, each requiring 3000 Hz, are multiplexed onto a single channel using FDM. How much minimum bandwidth is required for the multiplexed channel? Assume that the guard bands are 300 Hz wide.
22. In which addressing mode, the operand is given explicitly in the instruction (Example instruction: ADD R4, #3)
A. Absolute mode
B. Register indirect mode.
C. Immediate mode
D. Based Indexed mode.
23. In relational databases, the natural join of two tables is:
A. Combination of Union and filtered Cartesian product.
B. Combination of projection and filtered Cartesian product.
C. Combination of selection and filtered Cartesian product.
D. Cartesian product always.
24. Which of the following memory improves the speed of execution of a program?
A. Primary Memory
B. Cache Memory
C. Secondary Memory
D. Virtual Memory
25. Which of the following devices understands the format and contents of the data and translate message from one format to another?
26. Buying and selling goods over the internet is called:
27. Mechanism that is used to convert domain name into I address is known as _________.
28. An analog signal carries 4 bits in each signal unit. If 1000 signal units are sent per second, then baud rate and bit rate of the signal are ________ and __________.
A. 1000 bauds / sec, 500 bps
B. 2000 bauds / sec, 1000 bps
C. 4000 bauds / sec, 1000 bps
D. 1000 bauds / sec, 4000 bps
29. Which of the following data structures is most suitable for evaluating postfix expressions?
C. Linked list
30. The complexity of linear search algorithm is:
A. O (n)
B. O (n*n)
C. O (log n)
D. O (n log n)
31. For the following binary tree, in order traversal yields the expression:
A. a + bd* - ef/
B. a + b*d – e/f
C. abdexf* / + -
D. - + * / abdef
32. Given that a 22-inch monitor with an aspect ratio of 16: 9 has a monitor resolution of 1920 X 1080, what is the width of the monitor?
A. 8.53 inches
B. 19.17 inches
C. 10.79 inches
D. 22 inches
33. The number of bits require to represent decimal number 4096 in binary form is _________.
34. In the context of Visual basic, multiple controls of the same type can be grouped into an array, in the same manner as a collection of data items. Such a grouping is known as:
A. Primary array
B. An integer array
C. Secondary array
D. Control array
35. What is the octal equivalent of the hexadecimal number 132A?
36. Consider the following code segment:
Z = 0;
Assume that X, Y and Z are integer variables, and that X and Y have been initialized. Which of the following best describes what this code segment does?
A. Sets Z to be the sum X + Y
B. Sets Z to be the value of Y
C. Sets Z to be the absolute value of Y
D. Sets Z to be the product X * Y
37. The five items P, Q, R, S and T are pushed in a stack, one after the other starting from P. The stack is popped four times and each element is inserted in a queue. Then two elements are deleted from the queue and pushed back on the stack. Now one item is popped from the stack. The popped item is:
38. Conceptual level, internal level and External level are three components of the three-level RDBMS architecture. Which of the following is not of the conceptual level?
A. Entities, attributes, relationships
B. Semantic information
D. Storage dependent details
39. Consider two database relations R and S having 3 tuples in R and 2 tuples in S. what is the maximum number of tuples that could appear in the natural join of R and S?
40. When an ASP.NET file is placed on an IIS sever and viewed through a browser, the resulting HTML Page contains?
A. All ASP.NET code
B. As much ASP.NET code as is in the ASP.NET file
C. all HTML code
D. A mix of ASP.NET and HTML code
41. What result set is returned from the following SOL query? Select customer_name, telephone From customers Where city in ('Jaipur', Delhi', ‘Agra’)
A. The customer_name and telephone of all customers.
B. The customer_name and telephone of all customers living in Jaipur, Delhi and Agra.
C. The customer_name and telephone of all customers Living in either Jaipur, Delhi or Agra.
D. The customer_name and telephone of all customers who are not living in Jaipur, Delhi or Agra.
42. Which of the following transmission media works on the principle of total internal reflection?
A. Shielded twisted pair cable
B. Coaxial cable
C. Unshielded twisted pair cable
D. Optical fiber cable.
43. Semaphores are used to solve the problem of ______.
A. Race Condition
B. The belady’s problem
C. Process synchronization
D. mutual exclusion
44. An entity set that does not have sufficient attributes to form a key is termed as:
A. Strong entity set
B. Simple entity set
C. Weak entity set
D. Primary entity set
45. A combinational logic circuit that is used when it is desired to send data from two or more source through a single transmission line is known as _________.
46. A condition that is caused by run-time error in a computer program is known as:
A. Syntax error
C. Semantic error
47. A register in the microprocessor that keeps track of the answer or result of any arithmetic or logic operation is the _________.
A. Stack pointer
B. Instruction pointer
C. Program counter
48. Which of the following is true to define a variable for ASP?
49. _________ is an intermediate storage area used for data processing during the extract, transform and load process of data warehousing.
B. Virtual memory
C. Staging area
D. inter-storage area
50. Which of the following Java statements declare and allocate a 2-dimensional array of integers with four rows and five columns?
A. int array ;
B. int array  = = new int ;
C. int array ;
D. int array = new int 
Practice makes the man perfect! The more you will practice, the more accuracy you will gain which will eventually lead you to a high score in the exam. Practice will help you in avoiding silly mistakes and making unnecessary guess works while attempting the Computer Science Paper of KVS 2018 Exam. Therefore, practicing previous year papers will help you in achieving accuracy and high score in KVS PGT/ TGT/ PRT 2018 Exam.