Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, GoI Offers Scholarships for the students of Assam
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India is offering scholarships to improve the participation of students so as to give them a better chance of progressing in higher education. Following are the scholarships proposed under the same:
1. Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Class 9 & 10) 2018-19, Assam
The scholarship is applicable for scheduled caste candidates who are the domiciles of Assam studying in class 9 or 10 with family income not exceeding INR 2.5 lakh. The benefits offered are:
• A scholarship of INR 225 per month (for day scholars) and INR 525 per month (for hostellers) for 10 months
• Books and ad-hoc grant of INR 750 per annum (for day scholars) and INR 1000 per annum (for hostellers)
• Allowances for students with disabilities studying in private unaided schools.
2. Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students 2018-19, Assam Under this scheme, SC students studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary stage will be provided financial support to enable them to complete their education.Applicant must be studying in class 11 or above, having family income not more than INR 2.5L p.a. Students studying through correspondence courses, employed students on leave without pay for the entire duration of a full-time course and students pursuing postgraduate courses in medicine if only they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course, can also apply. The scholarship covers:
• Maintenance allowance- Up to a maximum of INR 1200 per month
• Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees
• Study tour charges- Up to a maximum of INR 1600 per annum
• Thesis typing/printing charges- Up to a maximum of INR 1600
• Book allowance- Up to a maximum of INR 1200 per annum
• Book bank facility- Up to a maximum of INR 7500
• Additional allowances for students with disabilities- Up to a maximum of INR 240 per month.
3. Pre-Matric Scholarship (Occupations Involving Hazardous Cleaning) 2018-19, Assam
The aim of the scholarship is to support the education of children of class 1 to 10 whose parents or guardian are engaged in occupations involving hazardous cleaning.Thus, the parents or guardian of students must be Indian nationals who are manual scavengers as defined under section 2(I) (g) of Manual Scavengers Act 2013, tanners & flayers, waste pickers and engaged in hazardous cleaning as defined in Section 2(I) (d) of Manual Scavengers Act 2013.
The students will receive the following benefits:
• A scholarship of INR 225 per month (for day scholars) and INR 700 per month (for hostellers) for 10 months
• Ad-hoc grant of INR 750 per annum (for day scholars) and INR 1000 per annum (for hostellers)
• Additional allowances for students with disabilities
Eligible students can submit their applications online here, for any of the three scholarships: https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/loginPage