NEET 2019: How to manage stress before and on the exam day
National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2019 exam a day after tomorrow, i.e., on May 5, 2019. At this time when less than two days are left for the exam, many students would be feeling anxious and nervous about their preparations. Actually, it is normal to get anxious and stressed while preparing for a very important exam of your life. It works as a push to work harder for the exam. However, a stress that keeps you awake the whole night is weird and can affect your performance in the exam in a drastic way. So, you need to avoid excessive stress and stay relaxed.
Here we are providing a few crucial tips that will help you stay calm and focused before and on the exam day:
- Do not overthink about the exam. Just focus on the revision of important topics, formulae and diagrams.
- Deactivate your social media accounts like Facebook and Instagram to keep away from distractions and give best in this one big exam of your life.
- Avoid unessential conversations with your friends about the exam preparations as it may bring your morale down.
- Take a walk in the fresh air to evacuate all the stress from your brain.
- Eat well and sleep well as eating healthy food and taking a good night sleep helps to lighten the body and refresh the mind.
- Don’t get stressed about how you will perform on the exam day. Just be confident about your strengths and preparations.
- On the exam day, wear the right dress as prescribed by NTA and avoid carrying the barred items in the examination hall to avoid any uncomfortable situation.
- Before starting the exam, read the instructions carefully. As the exam will have three sections. There will be a combination of easy, moderate and tough questions. Just go through the paper once and start with a section which seems doable and scoring.
- Don’t panic while solving the tough problems. Avoid spending too much time on difficult questions, if you are not getting the answers in one go.
- After solving every question, mark the right option (fill in the right bubble) immediately.
- To avoid time crunch, maintain your speed with proper time management
- If you have doubt in any question then mark it and answer it later.
- Take a deep breath in case you feel nervous at point while writing the exam.
Actually the secret to success in the NEET exam is in staying encouraged throughout the preparation and while writing the exam. Anxiety and stress will only bring a fall in your performance. So try adopting the stress relievers mentioned above to release the unnecessary stress and enhance your learning productivity.