Pre-requisite for Scanning, Uploading Photograph & Signature CWE 2012
Ques. What precautions should be taken while scanning and uploading Photograph & Signature for using in the online application form for the Common Written Examination [CWE] 2012 to be conducted online by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection in December, 2012 for selection of personnel to Clerical Cadre posts in Public Sector Banks?
Ans. Before applying online for the Common Written Examination [CWE] 2012 to be conducted online by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection in December, 2012 for selection of personnel to Clerical Cadre posts in Public Sector Banks, a candidate would be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
- The colour picture must be taken against a light-coloured, preferably white, background.
- The candidate should be looking straight at the camera with a relaxed face
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, the sun should be behind the person getting clicked or in the shade, so that he/she does not appear squinting and there are no harsh shadows
- If using flash, ensure there's no "red-eye"
- If the person getting clicked wears glasses, it should be ensured that there are no reflections and the eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. However, religious headwear not covering the face, are allowed.
- Photograph should be of the dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb and that of the scanned image should not be more than 50kb. If the size of the file is more than 50 kb, then settings of the scanner like the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc. should be adjusted while scanning.
- The signature to be scanned should be signed on a white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- Signature Image should be of the dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb and that of the scanned image should not be more than 20kb. If the size of the file is more than 20 kb, then settings of the scanner like the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc. should be adjusted while scanning.
- The signature will be used to put on the Hall Ticket and wherever necessary. If the Applicant’s signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination, does not match the signature on the Hall Ticket, the applicant will be disqualified.
Online Application will not be registered unless candidate’s upload their scanned photograph and signature as specified. After uploading the photograph/ signature in the online application form candidates should check that the images are clear and have been uploaded correctly. In case the photograph or signature is not prominently visible, the candidate may edit his/ her application and re-upload his/ her photograph or signature, prior to submitting the form. In case the form submitted has unclear scanned photograph/signature or both, the application may be rejected.
After registering online, candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application forms for future use.