Quantitative Aptitude: Speed Maths|Vedic Maths: Basics of Speedy Calculation
Jagranjosh.com has come up to help the aspirants in attempting all the questions speedily with basic preparatory strategy. Here, we are providing basic concepts to make the calculation faster than doing from long and traditional ones. Practice and thorough learning of some values can help the candidates in cracking Quantitative Aptitude/Numerical Ability Section in Bank Exam, SSC Exam, Railway and Other Exam.
1. Practice Mental Calculation: We all know a lot about addition, subtraction, multiplication, divisions. While solving questions of Quantitative Aptitude/Numerical Ability, candidates should learn to perform these calculations mentally rather than following conventional methods. There are specific approaches one can follow to do this.
2. Multiplication tables up to 20: It is not just enough to know what the multiple figures are. It should be a two way thoroughness i.e., it is not sufficient to know that 17 x 8 is 136, it is also very important that when you see 136, the factors 17 and 8 (or 34 and 4 for that matter) should come to your mind.
3. Squares up to 25: Candidates should be thorough with squares up to 25. Any higher square can be calculated relatively easily.
4. Cubes upto 12: It is used widely in calculations.
5. Powers of 2 upto 12:It is widely used in the questions relating to Number System.
6. Powers of 3 upto 6: It is widely used in the questions relating to Number System.
7. Reciprocals of integers upto 12: These should be learn' by heart. These will also be useful in Data Interpretation calculations.
8. 100s complements: (For any number less than 100, the number that should be added to make it 100).
9. Vedic Maths : Vedic Maths can be widely used for calculations in Quantitative Aptitude.
In due course of time, jagranjosh.com will also provide details and separate articles for basic guidelines for every concept mentioned above.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Banking Group
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the SSC Group