Science Without Borders Challenge 2018 for School Students; Apply by April 23
In order to create awareness about the preservation, protection and restoration need of the world’s oceans and aquatic resources, the Science Without Borders Challenge is inviting students and teachers to participate in the contest and understand the values and threats related to coral reefs, and support the efforts that are made towards it by making distinct art form.
The theme of the contest will be coral reefs. The contestants need to present artwork demonstrating “Why Coral Reefs Matter.” The contest is categorised under two heads based on age groups, i.e., 11-14 years and 15-19 years.
Last date to submit the application form is April 23, 2018. In order to be eligible for this contest, candidates need to go through the below mentioned procedure:
Studentsfalling under the age group of 11 to 19 years enrolled in primary, secondary or home school equivalent are eligible to apply for the contest.
- The students securing 1st place will be rewarded USD 500.
- The students securing 2ndplace will be rewarded USD350.
- The students securing the 3rdplace will be rewarded USD 200.
- Candidate has to mention their name and age with pencil on the back of the artwork and signature at the front, right hand corner on their 2D painting or drawing with the use of pencil, marker, ink, oil pastel, felt, crayon and paint.
- Candidatesless than 13 years of age have to submit a COPPA Privacy Form by emailing the COPPA Form along with the original artwork.
How to Apply
For participation, register online and send your submissions via post to:
Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
Science Without Borders® Challenge
130 Severn Avenue, Suite 100
Annapolis, MD 21403USA
The Khaled bin Sultan living Oceans Foundation is a non- profit environmental science organisation and ocean research foundation. It aims at preserving, protecting and restoring the world’s oceans and aquatic resources with the help of research, education and outreach. Their mission is to preserve the ocean health through science-based solutions.
Disclaimer: The content has been provided by buddy4study.com