Self studies vs Classroom studies: Which one is better way to learn?
Students need to adapt to different learning techniques to study well throughout their academic session. While in school students learn new concepts every day for all subjects from different teachers. The curriculum and learning style for every subject is different and students have to learn every technique to study well and keep track of every subject. Where students are advised to clarify their doubts with teachers at school, on the other hand, they are told to do self-studies if they want to learn effectively.
School students are always confused about their study strategies and they need proper guidance from teachers and therefore, school teachers are only best option to study well. But some students do not consider self-studying so important rather they prefer taking tuition classes at coaching institutes for getting extra help with homework and exam preparation. But the question here arises is, whether students really learn effectively with classroom learning be it at school or at coaching institutes or they need to study themselves for better understanding and long-term learning.
Here we are discussing both self-studies and classroom studies that will be helpful for students to decide what is better for their effective learning.
Importance of Self Studies –
- Self-studies are better as compared to spoon feeding at school and coaching institutes because students focus on learning the subjects themselves
- While studying themselves students also figure out the doubts and problems in concepts and they try to find answers by understanding the basic concepts on their own. It is called practical learning when students are involved in the thorough understanding of concepts then they can tackle different types of questions from the concept
- Self –studies help students in developing discipline and they feel motivated to study better and the studies seem smooth to them
- When students study themselves they explore various study material and are not just limited to certain subject books. They seek study notes, online study material as well as video tutorials, which is great for effective learning
- While in the classroom, there are various distractions which affect students while studying and hence, students could not pay attention properly. But when they are engaged in self-studies then they have minimum chances of getting disturbed as they will be scheduling their study time as per their convenience so that they can completely concentrate on studies.
Importance of Classroom studies –
- New concepts can only be understood in the classroom at schools. Students will get to know basic understanding and implementation of learning techniques only in the classroom only. It is a fact that students need help from teachers to understand new concepts, as they are not able to understand everything by reading books.
- Students can clarify their doubts from teachers in the classroom only. Which they won’t be able to get during self-studies
- Students not only understand new concepts in the classroom, they also get to know different learning styles from teachers
- Students get an engaging environment in the classroom as they are interacting with their teachers and classmates while studying which is really important for learning and also they develop interpersonal skills
- Classroom studies are effective as compared to self-studies because classroom studies have a routine which cannot be skipped by students, where there are maximum chances of them becoming lethargic during self-studies and hence, negligence of studies
Conclusion – Both self-studies and classroom studies are essential for students’ effective learning. Students need to practice the new concepts in the classroom on their own while doing self-studies.