Solved MAT 2004 Question Paper: Data Analysis and Sufficiency
AIMA is all set to conduct its first MAT of the year in February 2013. Previous year papers are the best source to know about the real level of questions asked in the entrance exam. Jagranjosh.com has brought the solved Data Analysis and Sufficiency section from 2004 MAT Question paper. It consists of 40 questions of easy to medium difficulty level. Practice well to succeed in the exam.
Directions for question 9 to 10 : Study the information given below to answer these questions:
Investing in real estate would be a profitable venture at this time. A survey in Housemagazine revealed that 85% of the magazine's readers are planning to buy a second home over the next few years. A study of the real estate industry, however, revealed that the current supply or homes could only provide for 65% of that demand each year.
9. Which of the following, if true, reveals a weakness in the evidence cited above?
1) Real estate is a highly labour-intensive business.
2) Home builders are not eventy distributed across the country.
3) The number of people who want second homes has been increasing each year for the past 10 years.
4) Readers of House magazine are more likely than most people to want second homes.
10. Which of the following, if true, would undermine the validity of the investment advice in the paragraph above?
1) Some home-owners are satisfied with only one home.
2) About half of the people who buy homes are investing in their first home.
3) Only a quarter of the homes that are built are sold within the first 2 weeks.
4) Only a quarter of those who claim that they want o second home actually end up purchasing one.