SSC CGL 2021 Exam Memory Based General Awareness (GA) Questions with Answers: Check GK/Current Affairs/English Tier-1 Solved Question Paper
SSC CGL 2021 Exam Memory Based General Awareness (GA) Questions with Answers: SSC CGL 2021 Tier-1 Exam has been started from 13th August 2021 across different examination centres in India. In this article, we are going to share the important memory-based Questions as per the feedback received by the candidates who have appeared for SSC CGL Tier-I 2021 Exam. Candidates are advised to definitely cover these questions for scoring high marks in the Exam.
|Check SSC CGL 2021 Admit Card Updates|
|Check SSC CGL 2021 Exam, Admit Card & Exam Centre COVID-19 Guidelines|
|Check 7035 Vacancies under SSC CGL 2020-21 Recruitment|
Let’s have a look at the Important Questions that are being covered in the SSC CGL 2021 Tier-1 Exam:
Day-5 20th August 2021: SSC CGL 2021 Tier-1 Exam
1. Which Malayalam Movie was nominated for Oscars?
2. What is the boiling point of water?
Answer: Water boils at 212 degrees Fahrenheit (100 degrees Celsius)
3. Rajagopalchari belongs to which state:
Answer: Rajagopalachari, the first Indian Governor-General of India and the first Chief Minister to serve the Madras State after first elections held after Indian independence. He was born in the Thorapalli village of Hosur taluk in the Krishnagiri district of Tamil Nadu and was educated at Central College, Bangalore, and Presidency College, Madras.
4. Gender Park is situated in which State?
Answer: The Gender Park, established in 2013, is an initiative of the Government of Kerala to work towards gender equality and empowerment in the state. Headquartered in the state's capital-Thiruvananthapuram- its main 24-acre campus is set at Kozhikode (Calicut).
5. Where is NAKU La Pass located?
Answer: State of Sikkim
6. Most catch by Indian cricketer non-wicketkeeper?
Answer: Rahul Dravid
7. Climate Change Event 2020 was held in which country?
Answer: Glasgow, UK
8. Goa was separated from Daman & Diu comes under which Article of Indian Constitution?
Answer: Amendment of the constitution under article 368.
9. One question related to Freshwater scheme
10. Emergency comes under which Article of Indian Constitution?
Answer: National emergency under Article 352
11. Kolkata Adhiveshan was held in which year?
12. What is the SI unit of electric current?
Answer: The ampere, symbol A, is the SI unit of electric current.
13. Gonad gland is located in?
14. Idiom Meaning - An Apple a day keeps a doctor away
Answer: if one eats healthy foods, one will remain in good health and will not need to see the doctor often.
15. Synonym of Principle:
Answer: ethics, · ethos, · morality, · morals, · norms, · standards
Day-4 18th August 2021: SSC CGL 2021 Tier-1 Exam
1. Bombay Stocks Exchange commodities derivatives deals with the gold and:
2. Rajya Sabha was founded in:
Answer: 3rd April 1952
3. In January 2021, who was the Information and Broadcasting Minister?
Answer: Prakash Javadekar
4. Which Tiger Reserve has been awarded by TX2?
Answer: Pilibhit Tiger Reserve has won the inaugural TX2 Award, presented by CA|TS, Global Tiger Forum, IUCN, UNDP, The Lion's Share, and WWF, for its remarkable contribution to tiger conservation.
5. Sandalwood trees are grown in which forest?
Answer: Dry Deciduous Forests
6. Battle of Imphal took place in:
Answer: 8 Mar 1944 – 3 Jul 1944: DescriptionThe Battle of Imphal took place in the region around the city of Imphal, the capital of the state of Manipur in northeast India from March until July 1944. Japanese armies attempted to destroy the Allied forces at Imphal and invade India but were driven back into Burma with heavy losses.
7. Which Veda is the collection of hymns?
Answer: The Rig Veda consists of 1028 hymns, organized into ten books known as maṇḍalas.
8. Padma Bhushan (2000) award in the field of arts:
9. Why do Magnetic fields never cross each other?
Answer: The magnetic field lines never intersect each other because if two or more lines intersect each other then it means that at that point of intersection, the magnetic field has two directions at the same point. This is not possible for a magnetic field to point in more than one direction at the same point.
10. Which plant stores food in the roots?
Answer: Beets, carrots, parsnips, and radishes are some of the roots stored in food.
11. Arthritis is caused by the deficiency of:
Answer: Vitamin D
12. Chandragupta defeated which dynasty?
Answer: Nanda dynasty
13. Cloze test: Panchatranta
14. Synonym of Revel:
Answer: rejoice · bask · enjoy
Day-3 17th August 2021: SSC CGL 2021 Tier-1 Exam
1. Who is the President of the Asian Cricket Council?
Answer: Jay Shah is the current president of the Asian Cricket Council
2. FIFA 2022 World Cup Venue:
3. Bhitarkanika National Park is situated in which state?
4. Which of the following is not greenhouse gas?
Answer: Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Argon are not examples of greenhouse gases
5. In which Article of the Indian Constitution, Devnagari has been included?
Answer: Article 343 of the Indian constitution stated that the official language of the Union should become Hindi in Devanagari script instead of the extant English.
6. ISL 2021 Venue:
7. Which two Indian Football Legends who were part of the 1962 FIFA World Cup died in 2020?
Answer: PK Banerjee and Chuni Goswami
8. Force multiplied with displacement gives:
9. The committee for Land Culture in Ladakh:
Answer: Kishan Reddy Committee - The Government of India formed a committee to protect the language, land, culture of Ladakh and ensure the participation of citizens in the development of Union Territory. The Committee is to be headed by Minister of State for Home G Kishan Reddy. It will include elected representatives from Ladakh, central government, and Ladakh Autonomous Hill.
10. The ability of cells to form individual:
11. Death of gold medalist footballers in 2021:
Answer: 1962 Asian Games gold medallist Fortunato Franco
12. Indian National Association was founded in:
Answer: 26 July 1876
13. Longest tunnel in State of:
Answer: Atal Tunnel, Himachal Pradesh
14. The quest for equity in development written by:
Answer: Manmohan Singh
15. Idiom Meaning: Pipe Dream
Answer: a hope, wish, or dream that is impossible to achieve or not practical
16. Antonym of Slur
Answer: accolade, commendation, compliment, acclaim, applause, praise, adulation, flattery
17. Cloze test related to earth
Day-2 16th August 2021: SSC CGL 2021 Tier-1 Exam
1. National Girl Child Day is observed on:
Answer: January 24
2. Who has written the Book “Amuktamalyada”?
3. Mataprasad was the Governor of which Indian State?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
4. Which element in chilli peppers makes them spicy?
5. The three laws of planetary motion were discovered by?
Answer: Johannes Kepler
6. Which article of Indian Constitution is related to GST?
Answer: Article 246A: Special Provision for GST
This Article was newly inserted to give power to the Parliament and the respective State/Union Legislatures to make laws on GST respectively imposed by each of them. However, the Parliament of India is given the exclusive power to make laws with respect to inter-state supplies. Officially known as The Constitution (One Hundred and First Amendment) Act, 2016, this amendment introduced a national Goods and Services Tax (GST) in India from 1 July 2017.
7. Which of the following Vitamins is Water Soluble?
Answer: The water-soluble vitamins include ascorbic acid (vitamin C), thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine, pyridoxal, and pyridoxamine), folacin, vitamin B12, biotin, and pantothenic acid.
8. Who was the Nizam of Hyderabad in 1947?
Answer: Mir Osman Ali Khan
9. Rickets is caused by deficiency of which vitamin?
Answer: Vitamin D
10. Xerophthalmia is caused due to the deficiency of:
Answer: Vitamin A
11. What is the valency of the halogen group?
Answer: One - Valency level of the elements in the halogen group is one.
Halogens belong to group `17 of the periodic table and their general electronic configuration is ns2np5. So, they have a tendency to accept one electron to get a noble gas configuration.
12. What is Ottan Thullal?
Answer: A recite-and-dance art-form of Kerala, India
13. Which of the following disease is caused by Parasite?
Answer: Examples of parasitic diseases that can be bloodborne include African trypanosomiasis, babesiosis, Chagas disease, leishmaniasis, malaria, and toxoplasmosis.
14. What is the Common name of Green Algae?
Answer: Chlorophyta or Prasinophyta is a taxon of green algae informally called chlorophytes
15. Hindi Day is celebrated on:
Answer: September 14
16. Who was the First Vice President of India?
Answer: Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
17. Who is the Chairman of Rajya Sabha?
Answer: M. Venkaiah Naidu
18. Who is the President of the Chess Federation of India?
Answer: Sanjay Kapoor
19. Cloze Test on Communication
20. Idiom Meaning- Spill the Beans:
Answer: Disclose a secret or reveal something prematurely
21. Incorrect spelling - Arbitrary
22. Incorrect spelling - Possessive
23. One word substitution - to listen secretly to a private conversation:
24. Antonym - Toxicity
Answer: beneficial, curative, healthy, helpful, nonpoisonous
25. Synonym - Rejuvenate
Answer: reconstruct · refresh · regenerate · reinvigorate · renew · renovate · restore · revitalize
26. Idiom Meaning - Apple of discord
Answer: Something that causes unhappiness or trouble
27. Idiom Meaning - To the nines
Answer: “to perfection" or "to the highest degree
28. One Word Substitution - a large room containing numerous beds
29. One Word Substitution - a person who always thinks that bad things will happen
Check SSC CGL Posts, Salary, Job Profile & Promotion Policy:
Day-1 13th August 2021: SSC CGL 2021 Tier-1 Exam
1. Electron Volt is the unit of
Answer: Electron volt, unit of energy commonly used in atomic and nuclear physics, equal to the energy gained by an electron (a charged particle carrying unit electronic charge) when the electrical potential at the electron increases by one volt. The electron volt equals 1.602 × 10−12 erg, or 1.602 × 10−19 joule.
2. Which of the following is a part of Kidney?
Answer: Each kidney has an outer layer called the cortex, which contains filtering units. The center part of the kidney, the medulla (pronounced: meh-DUH-luh), has fan-shaped structures called pyramids.
3. Capital of New Zealand:
4. Chandan Yatra is organized in:
Answer: The Chandan Yatra is organised in a tank in Puri.
5. Siju bird sanctuary is located in which state?
6. Arthika Spandana Scheme launched in which state?
7. Planning Commission of India formation:
Answer: 15 March 1950, New Delhi
8. Hindustan Socialist Republican Association (HSRA) founded in which year?
Answer: Hindustan Socialist Republican Association(HSRA) was a revolutionary organization established in 1928 at Feroz Shah Kotla in New Delhi by Chandrasekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, and others. The sudden withdrawal of the Non-Cooperation movement led to a political vacuum which resulted in the formation of revolutionary movements by some freedom fighters. Some of them associated with HSRA were Bhagat Singh, Ram Prasad Bismil, SC Bose, Laxmi Sahgal, etc.
9. Who wrote Kitab al hind?
10. Ganeshi Lal is governor of which state?
Answer: Ganeshi Lal (born 1 March 1942) is an Indian politician and the incumbent Governor of Odisha.
11. What is the national game of Thailand?
Answer: The traditional martial art of Thai boxing (muay Thai) is Thailand's national sport.
12. Where was the 2nd Round Table Conference held?
Answer: The second Round Table Conference was held in London from 7 September 1931 to 1 December 1931 with the participation of Gandhi and the Indian National Congress.
13. How many districts are there in MP?
Answer: There are 53 districts in Madhya Pradesh divided in ten divisions.
14. Question related to Dayanand Saraswati:
Answer: Dayananda Saraswati was an Indian philosopher, social leader and founder of the Arya Samaj, a reform movement of the Vedic dharma. He was the first to give the call for Swaraj as "India for Indians" in 1876, a call later taken up by Lokmanya Tilak.
15. Antonyms of Gradual
Answer: sudden, abrupt
16. Antonyms of Seize
Answer: free · give · let go · loose · loosen · unfasten · liberate
17. Idiom Meaning: Raise the Bar
Answer: To raise the bar means to set a high standard and to raise expectations.
18. Van Dhan Yojana started in which state?
Answer: Manipur emerges as the model state for Van Dhan Vikas Yojana. Pradhan Mantri Van Dhan Yojana or Van Dhan Scheme was launched on 14th April 2018 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs as a nodal department at the central level and TRIFED as nodal agency at the national level.
19. What is convection?
Answer: the process in which heat moves through a gas or a liquid as the hotter part rises and the cooler, heavier part sinks.
20. PM after Morarji Desai:
Answer: Charan Singh
21. Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize 2020:
Answer: Raj Kamal Jha - The winner of Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize 2020 is The City and the Sea by Raj Kamal Jha, a novel based on the atrocious (Nirbhaya) case of sexual assault and murder, that brought India together in a moral frenzy.
22. Unit of momentum:
Answer: The units for momentum would be mass units times velocity units. The standard metric unit of momentum is the kg•m/s.
23. Digital India was launched in which year?
24. AB De Villiers is related to which IPL team?
Answer: Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)
25. In the south which river is called Ganga?
Answer: Godavari River - Daksina Ganga (“Ganges of the South”)