SSC Combined Graduate Level (Tier I) Exam 2014: Question Paper-19 October 2014
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) organized written examination for Combined Graduate Level Exam on 19 October 2014. The examination was organized for the recruitment to the different Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ posts.
The question paper includes 200 questions from four sections: English Language, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness. There was a negative marking of 0.25 Marks for each wrong answer. The candidates have 02 hours to mark maximum correct answers in order to qualify this examination.
SSC Team of Jagranjosh.com has come up with SSC Combined Level Examination 2014 for helping the aspirants of SSC CGL Exam 2015.
GENERAL INTELLIGENCE & REASONING
1. A shopkeeper quotes the rate on the price tag by replacing numbers with letters as follows:
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B R O W N S T I C K
If a customer purchases two items whose price tags read Rs. IIT and Rs. NICK. What is the total amount he has to pay?
(A) Rs. 4776
(B) Rs. 4765
(C) Rs. 5565
(D) Rs. 5665
2. If CASUAL is coded as SACLAU, then what would be the code of MATRIC?
3. An insect is walking in a straight line. It covers a distance of 15 cm per minute. It comes back 2.5 cm after every 15 cm. How long will it take to cover a distance of 1 metre?
(A) 6.5 min
(B) 8 min
(C) 10 min
(D) 12 min
4. A group of alphabets are given with each being assigned a number. These have to be unscrambled into a meaningful word and correct order of letters may be indicated from the given responses.
T M H R E O
5 4 3 2 1 0
5. From the given alternative words, select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word: