SSC Combined Higher Secondary Exam 2013: Question Paper- 10 Nov 2013 (IInd Sitting)
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducted Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination for recruitment to the posts of Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerks. The common written examination was held on 20 October 2013, 27 October 2013, and 10 November 2013.
The question paper include 200 questions from four different sections (English Language (Basic Knowledge), General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill), and General Awareness). There was negative marking of .25 Marks which was deducted for each wrong answer. The candidates have 02 hours to mark maximum correct answers in order to qualify this examination.
The question paper will help students preparing for SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level exam 2014.
Part-I : Genearl Inteligence
1. If DISC is coded as 8749 and ACHE is coded as 3950. then HEAD is coded as
2. If January 1 is a Fridwy. what ii the first day of the month of March. in a leap year?
3. Barun ii taller than Sanjay. Bipul is taller than Barun. Krishna i also not as tall as Bipul, but is taller than Barun. Who is the tallest’
4. Rnajan is younger than his father hy 20 years. 5 years ago his father was 3 times elder than him. Find the present age or his father.
(A) 36 years
(B) 25 years
(C) 30 years
(D) 35 years
5. Sunita is the 11th from either end of a row or girls. How many girls are there in that row?
Part II: English Language
Directions : in questions no. 1 to 5, sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correce allernative out of the four and indicate it by blackening the appropriate oval (•) in the Answer Sheet.
1. our teacher encouraged_______setting the poem to music.
2. He would not have been successful in the project but_____my help.
3. Internet cafe owners fear that a police crackdown may cause _......... damage to their business.
4. We heard that the Richards _________ their house recently.
(A) are shifting
(B) had shifted
(C) have shifted
(D) will shift
5. The more he remonstrated _____ the referee the worse the situation became.
Part III: Quantitaive Apptitude
1. If a chord of a circle is equal to the radius the circle, then the angle subtended by tli chord at a point on the minor arc is
2. The length of each side of a rhombus i equal to the length of the side of a squar whose diagonal is 40√2 cm. If the lengths of the diagonals of the rhombus are in the rati 3 : 4, then its area (in cm2) i
3. The altitude drawn to the base of an isoscele triangle is 8 cm and its perimeter is 64 cn nhe area (in cm2) of the triangle is
4. Three solid iron cubes or edges 4 cm, 5 cm and 6 cm are melted together to make a new cube. 62 cm3 or the melted material ie lost due to improper handling. The area (in cm2) of the whole surface or the newly formed cube ie
5. If the ratio of volumes of two cones is 2 : 3 and the ratio of tbe radii of their bases is 1 : 2, then the ratio of their heights will be
Part IV: General Awarness
1. Name three important forms of Satyagrahh.?
(A) Boycott, civil disobedience and rebellion
(B) Non-cooperation, revolution and referendum
(C) Revolution, plebiseite and boycott
(D) Non-cooperation, civil disobedience and boycott
2. Which Article empowers the President to impoee Financial Emergeney?
(A) Article 384
(B) Article 352
(C) Article 360
(D) Article 356
3. Which or the following subjects does not figure in the Concurrent List of our Constitution?
(A) Protection of wild animals and birds
(C) Trade unions
(D) Stock Exchanges and futures markets
4. The President of india has the diseretionary power to
(A) appoint the Prime Minister
(B) appoint the chief Election Commissior
(C) declare Financial Emergeny
(D) impose President Riule in the state
5. The script of the Indus Valley Civilization is