SSC Combined Higher Secondary Exam: General Awareness -Tips and Strategies
Staff Selection Commission conducts Written Examination for the recruitment of candidates for various posts of Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk in various departments. The examination is conducted at different centers across the country. Detailed Notification . The questions paper includes 4 Sections comprising General Intelligence, English Language (Basic Knowledge), Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skills), and General Awareness. Read More for Exam Pattern. The total of 200 multiple choice questions of one mark each will be asked. Each section will have 50 questions with negative marking of .25 marks for each wrong answer.
The section is divided into two parts- General Knowledge and Current Affairs. Both the parts should be well covered so that you can easily gel up well with the exam.
The topics that are included in general knowledge are
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- India and World Geography
- Indian Polity and Governance
- Economic and Social Development
- General Science
The current affairs part comprises of
- Environment and Ecology, Biodiversity and Climatic Change
- Current Event of National Importance
The experts of jagranjosh.com have brought section wise tips and strategies for the candidates in making them perfect for exam. Get detailed tips and strategies
Points to be noted while preparation
Some tips and strategies for General Awareness Section are mentioned below.
- Fact Matters- In SSC Combined Higher Secondary Exam, the knowledge of General Awareness facts with analytical and interpretative skill is required
- Daily newspaper reading- Keep an eye on latest happenings and read a daily newspaper that will help you to be updated with the latest news.
- Regular Updates- Prepare notes of important news, economy news and corporate affairs and revise them meticulously to keep yourselves perfect in General Awareness
- Revise previous year questions- It is one of the scoring sections in SSC Combined Higher Secondary Exam. One should thoroughly go through the last year’s questions so that you can score well in the exam.
For Preparation of GI Section, candidates should go through SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2013 General Intelligence eBook