SSC Combined Higher Secondary Exam: General Intelligence - Tips and Strategies
Staff Selection Commission conducts Written Examination for the recruitment of candidates for various posts of Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk in various departments. The examination is conducted at different centers across the country. (Detailed Notification: ).The questions paper includes 4 Sections comprising General Intelligence, English Language (Basic Knowledge), Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skills), and General Awareness. (Read More for Exam Pattern: ). The total of 200 multiple choice questions will be asked. Each section will have 50 questions with negative marking of .25 marks for each wrong answer. Here are some tips and strategies related to General Intelligence, which will help the students to score well in the examination.
The expert team of Jagranjosh.com has been continuously into the process of providing effective tips and strategies for the subjects that are included in the syllabus for the candidates to prepare better. Get detailed tips and strategies.
Important points for better performance
- Mental alertness-The candidates should have metal alertness and logical skill while preparing for GI Section.
- Command over concepts- Both Verbal and Non Verbal Types of Concepts should be focused by the candidates. For solving non verbal type of questions, one must have look over the movement of the figures concerned.
- Study the diagram- All the components of the diagram, their positions, directions, size must be taken into consideration by the aspirants.
- Grip over GI- Good command over GI Concept will save lot of time that one can spend on other sections
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning Syllabus- The questions in this section are included from topics like Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning including topics- Analogy, Symbolic Operation, Classification, Syllogism, Inferences, Number Series, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Venn Diagrams etc. Know about syllabus.
- Analyze previous year question papers- Candidate should understand the nature of questions by practicing similar questions from model papers and previous year exam papers.
For Preparation of GI Section, candidates should go through SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2013 General Intelligence eBook