SSC Higher Secondary Examination Data Entry Operator and LDC Question Paper 2010: English Language
This is the English Language Section of the Question Paper of SSC Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination which was conducted in 2010. Practice this paper to prepare for the SSC (Staff Selection Commission) for Recruitment to Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk.
Direction (51-55): In the following question, you have one brief passage with 5 questions. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives.
Although Indians spend less money on allopathic medicines than people in most Asian Countries, More than 40,000 drug fromulations are available here. All manufacturs are required by law to provide information about their product either on the packaging or in a pamphlet inside. But , in many cases, this informations is very meagre and hard to understand . Many doctors, too do not tell their patients anything about the drugs they prescribe.
What should we be concerned about when we take drugs ? There are two areas: (1) Side effects. Many people taking a drug will notice an underiable reaction, usually mionr. But even the mildest drugs can do harm if taken improperly, long enough or in excessive doses. And every responds to a drugs differently.(2) Failure to follow directions. Many of us disobey prescription instructions on how much to scription instructions on how much to take and when. It is easy to fall into thinking that more of the drug will speed up the healing. It is more common, however for people to stop taking a drug when they begin to feel better. this too, can be dangerous.
What are the steps to be taken for safety? Take a drug only as recomended on the label or by the doctor.(2) If you feel ill after taking a drug. Check it with a doctor.(3) Do not mix drugs. (4) Check whether any food or activities are to be avoided.
51. Which one of the following statements is true ?
(1) Indians use more than 40,000 allopathic medicines.
(2) Indian hate allopathic medicines
(3) Other Asian countries do not have allopathic medicine
(4) Indians cannot afford aalopathic drugs
52. How are drug users to be instructed by the manufactuers ?
(1) Doctors should give a manual of instruction.
(2) The Chemist should issue an instruction manual.
(3) Information should be printed on the carton or in a pamhlet kept inside it
(4) Patients should keep in touch with drug manufacturrers
53. Only one one of the following sentence is right. Identify it.
(1) All medicines produce reactions of various degrees in their users.
(2) Even mild drugs are not always safe
(3) Medicines should be discontinued as soon as we feel beter.
(4) More than the prescribed dose brings quicker recovery
54. Drug manufacturers -
(1) do not give instructions
(2) give all instructions necessary
(3) give very little and unintelligible information
(4) give information only when asked
55. Which one of the following is true ?
(1) Throw away the druge that produces side effects and try another
(2) Drugs may be taken with all kinds of foods
(3) Drugs do not inhibit our normal life style
(4) Drugs should be used only according to prescription
Click on the link below to download the complete paper with answers
SSC Higher Secondary Data Entry Operator & LDC Exam Sloved Question Paper 2010: English Language