TNEA 2018 Applications begins, Check here how to apply and admission process
Anna University conducts Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) for offering admissions to bachelor courses of engineering. TNEA is a non-entrance exam admission process, where the admissions are based on rank list only. The rank list of TNEA is prepared on basis of random number allotment to all applicants. The online registration for TNEA 2018 has been started from May 03, 2018 and students seeking admissions to engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu must apply for TNEA 2018 before the last date of application i.e. May 30, 2018. The admission through TNEA counselling is based only eligibility criteria for engineering courses. Aspirants can check here all about TNEA 2018 including eligibility criteria, registration and application form process as well as random number and counselling.
Key facts about Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions:
Admission conducting authority – Anna University
Courses offered– Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology, Bachelor of Engineering (Sandwich courses)
Participating Colleges – around 560 engineering colleges
TNEA Seats Intake– More than 1.5 lakh seat across all engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu
Important dates of TNEA 2018 –
TNEA Application begins
May 03, 2018
Last date of TNEA application
May 30, 2018
Allotment of Random Number
TNEA Rank List and seat allotment
June – July 2018
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria –
The candidates seeking admissions to engineering courses through TNEA 2018 must have the following eligibility criteria –
Educational qualification: Candidates should have completed their Class 8th to Class 12th education from schools located in Tamil Nadu. Candidates who are permanent resident of Tamil Nadu but have completed their Class 8th to Class 12th education from outside the state can also apply. Candidates who have completed their school education from Class 8th in any state affiliated but they are not native of the state are also eligible to apply for TNEA and they do not need to show any nativity certificate.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 qualifying examination from a recognised school or college.
- They must have studied from science stream in 12th or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Students belonging to General Category need to score 50% as minimum qualifying examination and for Backward Class Category, minimum qualifying marks are 45% and for other reserved category including Muslim Backward Class, DNC, SC, SCA, and ST, the minimum qualifying marks is 40%.
Age criteria: Candidates must not be even a day older than 25 years as on May 30, 2018.
TNEA 2018 Application Form –
Candidates can apply for TNEA 2018 in online mode only. TNEA 2018 application form can be filled and submitted only after registration process is completed. Check below the registration process of TNEA 2018 as mentioned below –
1. Registration: First candidates need to register for TNEA 2018 with basic details such as Name, e-mail id, and set a password and then fill details like nationality, nativity, religion, educational state board, as well as mobile phone number, birth date, qualifying examination details and reserved category details etc.
2. Payment of Application Fee: Candidates now need to pay the application fee for TNEA 2018 in online mode using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking only. The TNEA 2018 registration fee is as under –
- General Category – Rs. 500
- SC/ST/SCA Category – Rs. 250
- Fee for selecting reservation category – Rs. 100 per reservation category selected (if selected multiple reservation then fee is – 100*number of reservation category selected)
3. Filling up application form: Candidates can now fill their personal and academic details in step 3 and step 4 of TNEA registration process 2018. They can parents/guardian detail, religion, category as well as scholarship information and qualifying examination detail.
4. Application Status: candidates can now check their application status after confirming all details. Remember before submitting the application form, preview it and cross-check for any errors. After submitting the application form, get a printout of TNEA application form. Moreover, students will automatically receive a copy of completed application form of TNEA 2018 on their registered e-mail id.
Click here to apply for TNEA 2018 before May 30.
TNEA 2018 Random Number and Selection Procedure –
For selection of students for engineering courses in Tamil Nadu, Anna University follows this unique admission process i.e. Random Number allotment to all applicants of TNEA.
What is Random Number Allotment?
Anna University offers admissions to all those candidates who will meet the eligibility criteria of TNEA and a rank list will be prepared to select the candidates. The Candidates who have applied for TNEA will be allotted ‘Random Number’ before the counselling procedure begins. The TNEA Random Number will be helpful in breaking tie in rank list in case two or more candidates get same rank in the TNEA rank list 2018.
The TNEA Rank List will be prepared on basis of following factors –
- Marks obtained in subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics after reducing to 200 i.e. Physics – 100 and 50 marks each for Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. The candidates who has higher marks will be ranked higher
- Candidates meeting eligibility criteria and age limit will be ranked higher (candidates older in age will be ranked higher)
- If there are any ties even after all the factors considered then TNEA Random Number will be taken in to consideration
Note: TNEA Counselling cum admission procedure will be in online mode only including verification of documents. No document need to be submitted in offline mode unless asked by admission authority.