UP Board Class 10th English Syllabus: 2018-19
Get the revised Syllabus of UP Board Class 10th English subject for the new academic session. UP Board Syllabus contains all the topics to be taught in a year divided as per the academic session. Students can make proper study plans with the help of syllabus. Read this article to get complete syllabus.
According to UP Board, the revised Syllabus of UP Board is more beneficial for students and it will assist them to manage up with current demands. students who are looking for UP Board 2018 English Syllabus, they can check 10th English Syllabus from here.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DECISION:
1. From the new session NCERT textbooks will be made compulsory from Class 9 to Class 12.
2. All subjects will have NCERT books except subjects like Krishi (agriculture) for both class 10th and class 12th and Vyavsayik (business studies) for Intermediate level.
3. Class 10th and Class 12th students who will give their exams in the year 2019 will become the first batch of students to face the exams under the NCERT pattern.
4. From the new session, There will be only One Paper of All Subjects in Intermediate for all stream.
5. There will be NCERT Books & Syllabus for all Subjects from class 9th to 12th.
The complete syllabus is as follows:
उत्तर प्रदेश माध्यमिक शिक्षा परिषद्, इलाहाबाद
- Prose – (16 marks)
- The Enchanted Pool by- C. Rajgopalachari.
- A Letter to God. by- G. L. Fuents.
- The Ganga. by- P. J. L. Nehru.
- Socrates. by- Rhoda Power.
- Torch Bearers. by- W. M. Ryburn.
- Our Indian Music (Stories and Anecdote) by- R. Srinivasan.
- Poetry – (07 marks)
- The Fountain by- James Russell Lowell
- The Psalm of Life by- H. W. Longfellow
- The Perfect Life by- Ben Jonson
- The Nation Builders by- R. W. Emerson
- Supplementary Reader – (12 marks)
- The Inventor Who Kept His Promise
- The Judgment Seat of Vikramaditya by- Sister Nivedita (Adapted)
- The Greatest Olympic Prize by- Jesse Owens.
Grammar, Translation and Composition
- English Grammar – (15 marks)
- Parts of Sentence.
- The Sentence Type.
- The verb. (Transitive Verb and Intransitive Verb)
- Primary auxiliaries. (Be, Have, Do).
- Modal auxiliaries.
- Negative Sentence.
- Interrogative Sentence.
- Tense: Form and Use.
- The Passive Voice.
- The Parts of Speech.
- Indirect or Reported Speech.
- Word Formation.
- Punctuation and Spelling.
- Translation: (From Hindi to English) (4 marks)
- Composition: (6 marks)
- Controlled Composition.
- Long Composition.
- Letter Writing/Application Writing. (4 marks)
- Comprehension (Unseen). (6 marks)
- Composition: (6 marks)
- Words often Confused.
- Synonyms and Antonyms.
- Cries of Birds and Animals.