UP Board Class 9th English Syllabus 2018-19
Get the revised Syllabus of UP Board Class 9th English subject for the new academic session. UP Board Syllabus contains all the topics to be taught in a year divided as per the academic session. Students can make proper study plans with the help of syllabus. Read this article to get complete syllabus.
According to UP Board, the revised Syllabus of UP Board is more beneficial for students and it will assist them to manage up with current demands. Students who are looking for UP Board 2018 English Syllabus, they can check 9th English Syllabus from here.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DECISION:
1. From the new session NCERT textbooks will be made compulsory from Class 9 to Class 12.
2. All subjects will have NCERT books except subjects like Krishi (agriculture) for both class 10th and class 12th and Vyavsayik (business studies) for Intermediate level.
3. Class 10th and Class 12th students who will give their exams in the year 2019 will become the first batch of students to face the exams under the NCERT pattern.
4. From the new session, There will be only One Paper of All Subjects in Intermediate for all stream.
5. There will be NCERT Books & Syllabus for all Subjects from class 9th to 12th.
The complete syllabus is as follows:
उत्तर प्रदेश माध्यमिक शिक्षा परिषद्, इलाहाबाद
कक्षा-9 English (अंग्रेजी)
पाठ्यक्रम तथा पाठ्य-पुस्तकें
इसमें एक प्रश्न-पत्र 70 अंकों का तथा समय 03 घण्टे का होगा। प्रायोगिक एवं आन्तरिक मूल्यांकन हेतु 30 अंक निर्धारित हैं जिसका आन्तरिक मूल्यांकन विद्यालय स्तर पर होगा।
1. Prose – (16 marks)
Tom Sawyer by- Mark Twain (Adapted)
Marco Polo by- Mir Najabat Ali (Adapted)
Playing The Game by- Arthur Mee (Adapted)
Golden Bowl from- Jataktales
Plants also Breathe and Feel by- Sir J.C. Bose (Adapted)
The Rules of The Road
2. Poetry- (07 marks)
The Mountain and The Squirrel by-R.W. Emerson
Sympathy by-Charles Mackay
Faithful Friends by-William Shakespeare
Indian Weavers by-Sarojini Naidu
I vow to thee, My country by-Sir Cecil Spring Rice
3. Supplementary Reader- (12 marks)
Gandhiji And a Coffee Drinker. by-G. Ramchandran
The Swan and the Princes. (A Play)
Letter to the Children of India. by-Chacha Nehru
On a Winter’s Night by-Based on Munshi Prem Chand’s Story (Poos Ki Raat)
Grammar, Translation and Composition Introduction
I English Grammar- (15 marks)
Parts of Sentence.
The Sentence Type.
Primary auxiliaries. (Be, Have, Do).
Tense: Form and Use.
The Passive Voice.
The Parts of Speech.
Indirect or Reported Speech.
Punctuation and Spelling.
II Translation: (From Hindi to English) (04 marks)
III (A) Composition: (06 marks)
(a) Long Composition,
(b) Controlled Composition.
(B) Letter Writing/Application Writing. (04 marks)
(C) Comprehension (Unseen). (06 marks)
Words often Confused.
Synonyms and Antonyms.
Cries of Birds and Animals.