UPPSC UPPCS Mains Exam General Studies SyllabusJagran Josh
UPPCS Exam is one of the coveted Exams of Uttar Pradesh. UPPCS Mains Exam 2016 of Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) will commence from 24th June 2016. UPPSC has similar pattern as Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) but there is little change in the UPPSC’s syllabus of General Studies Paper II of UPPCS Mains Exam. So, the aspirants required to study hard to crack the UPPCS Mains Exam.
Here, we have provided the syllabus of UPPCS mains General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II which seems to be short but vast in reality. The UPPCS aspirants should read the syllabus of General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II thoroughly and they should make plan for the preparation accordingly.
GENERAL STUDIES PAPER- I
1. History of India-Ancient, Mediaeval, Modern
2. Indian National Movement and Indian Culture
3. Population, Environment and Urbanization in Indian Context
4. World Geography, Geography of India and its natural resources.
5. Current events of national and international importance.
6. Indian Agriculture, Trade and Commerce.
7. Specific knowledge of U.P. regarding education, culture Agriculture, Trade Commerce, The methods of living and Social Customs.
History of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century and would also include questions on Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru. The part on current events of national and international importance will include questions also on sports and games.
GENERAL STUDIES PAPER - II
1. Indian Polity
2. Indian Economy
3. General Science (Role of Science and technology in the development of India including science in everyday life)
4. General Mental ability.
5. Statistical Analysis, Graphs and Diagrams.
The part relating to the Indian polity will include questions on the political system in India and Indian constitution. The Indian economy will cover broad features of economic policy in India. The part relating to role and impact of science and technology in the development of India, questions will be asked to test the candidates’ awareness in this field Emphasis will be on the applied aspects. The part relating to statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercise to test the candidates’ ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical graphical or diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies limitation or inconsistencies there in.