UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Exam: One Day Left for Online Application
UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Exam Notification: UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Exam official notification has been released by the commission. Candidates who were waiting for the notification to arrive since long can apply for 782 posts in various government departments through the official site of UPSC at upsc.gov.in. The last date to apply for the examination is 06 March 2018.
The official notification of Civil Services (Prelims) Examination and Indian Forest Services (Prelims) Examination 2018 has been released by the Commission through CSE. Out of 782 posts, 32 posts are reserved for candidates who fall under the Benchmark Disability Category.
Earlier, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) had released an update regarding the date of release of official notification of Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Exam. The official notification for the examination will be out today and aspirants can get it from the official site of UPSC. The last date to fill up the forms will be till 06 March 2018.
The Prelims examination is scheduled to be held on 03 June 2018. All those candidates who will qualify the preliminary examination will be called for Main Examination which will be conducted later this year. After the mains, qualified candidates will have to appear for interview followed by document verification of the qualified candidate. As per sources, the Main examination will be conducted on 28 September 2018. However, the dates are tentative and can change if needed.
UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Exam is conducted by the commission for selection of Grade A officers for Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS), among others.
- Opening Date of Application: 07 February 2018
- Last Date of Application: 06 March 2018
- Date of Examination: 03 June 2018
UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Exam Vacancy Details
Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Examination for recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission.
No of Vacancies: 782 Posts
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group 'A' (Gr. III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group "A"
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Exam
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
21- 32 years of age
Exam Pattern of UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Exam
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages (i) Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination; and (ii) Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
Applications are now invited for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination only. Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Civil Services (Main) Examination will have to apply online again, in the Detailed Application Form which would be made available to them.
How to Apply for the UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2018 Exam 2018
Candidates are required to apply online using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in on or before 06 March 2018. The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc.