UPSC Civil Services (Main) Exam 2013: How to Fill DAF
Union Public Service Commission has announced the Prelims results on 2nd August 2013. This year the last date for filling up the form is 18th September 2013 because the IAS Main written exam will commence on 1st December 2013. UPSC also provided the instructions to how to fill the Detailed Application Form. Jagranjosh.com has come up with the initiative to simplify the procedure of filling up the form. Only the successful candidates of IAS Prelims 2013 can download the form from the Union Public Service Commission .
The following are the instructions for filling up the Detailed Application form.
- First and foremost thing is that the Union Public Service Commission this time is very rigid on future changes in the filled up Detailed Application Form (DAF). So the candidates are advised to fill the form very carefully and accurately. The candidates are required to fill Nil or NA(Not Applicable) or 0 in the appropriate place.
- The candidates have to enclose the copy of their age proof(Higher Secondary Mark sheet or Certificate),Community, Physical Disability and other relevant certificate where any privilege or reservation is claimed.
- The Filled up Detailed Application form Under should reach the Secretary (CSM), Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069 on or before 18/09/2013.
- The Timetable for the IAS Main exam which is going to be conducted on new Pattern for the first time will be sent with the E-Admit Card before the commencement of exam.
- The Following are the center of Examinations where the candidate can appear in the examination.
- Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Delhi, Dispur (Guwahati), Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Shillong, Shimla and Thiruvananthapuram.
- The commission has the right to not operate any of the centers given above due to the paucity of the number of candidates. The commission in that case will allot the nearest center to the candidate and its decision will be final.
- The visually handicapped candidate can only appear at the following seven centers : Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
- Candidates are also advised that the hard copy of the DAF to be submitted by them should be printed back to back.
- Application can also be delivered at Union Public Service Commission counter by hand or by post by 18th September.
- A candidate seeking admission to examination must pay to the Commission a fee of Rs. 200.00 (Rupees Two Hundred only) through Central Recruitment Fee Stamps. Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (NOT postage stamps) may be obtained from the post office and affixed on the application form in the space provided therein. The stamps may be got cancelled from the issuing Post Office with the date stamp of the Post Office in such a manner that the impression of the cancellation mark partially overflows on the application form itself. The impression of the cancellation mark should be clear and distinct to facilitate the identification of date and the Post Office of issue.
- Candidates residing abroad should deposit the prescribed fee in the office of India's High Commissioner, Ambassador or Representative abroad as the case may be for credit to account head "051-Public Service Commission-Examination Fees" and attach the receipt with the application.
- Female candidates and candidates belonging to scheduled castes/scheduled tribes are not required to pay any fee. No fee exemption is, however, available to OBC candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
- Candidates claiming to belong to OBCs should note that the name of their caste (including its spellings) as indicated in their certificates, should be exactly the same as published in the lists notified by the Central Government from time to time. A certificate containing any variation in the caste name will not be accepted.
- Candidates should note that instead of separate Question Paper and answer book, a consolidated Question Paper-cum-Answer book, having space below each part/sub part of a question shall be provided to them for writing the answers. Candidates shall be required to attempt answer to the part/sub-part of a question strictly within the pre-defined space. Any attempt outside the pre-defined space shall not be evaluated.”