UPSC Geoscientist and Geologist Exam 2018 Official Notification; Application Starts Tomorrow
UPSC Geoscientist and Geologist Exam 2018: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invited applications for Geoscientist and Geologist Exam 2018. The eligible candidates can apply to the post through the prescribed format on or before 16 April 2018.
- Opening Date for Application: 21 March 2018
- Last Date of Application: 16 April 2018
- Date of examination: 29 June 2018
UPSC Vacancy Details
- Geologist, Group A: 24 Posts
- Geophysicist, Group A: 17 Posts
- Chemist. Group A: 06 Posts
- Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A: 23 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for Geoscientist and Geologist Exam 2018
- Geologist, Group A: Master's degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coasta l Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology.
- Geophysicist, Group A: M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics).
- Chemist. Group A: M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
- Junior Hydro geologists (Scientist B), Group A: Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology or Master's degree in Hydrogeology from a recognized University.
- Geologist and Geophysicist and Chemist (Group ‘A’): Candidates’ date of birth should fall not before than 2nd January 1986 and not after than 1st January, 1997.
- Jr. Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) (Group A): Candidates’ date of birth should fall not before than 2nd January 1983 and not after than 1st January, 1997.
How to Apply for UPSC Geoscientist and Geologist Exam 2018
Interested and eligible candidates are required to send their application online by visiting the official site of UPSC at upsc.gov.in on or before 16 April 2018.