UPSC Recruitment 2019: Online Applications invited for Combined Geo Scientist Prelims Exam 2020
UPSC Recruitment 2019: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued a notification for Combined Geo Scientist Prelims Exam 2020. Candidates holding the requisite qualification and can apply for the posts through the prescribed format on or before 15 October 2019.
- Commencement of submission of online application: 25 September 2019
- Last date for submission of online application: 15 October 2019
- Admit Card Date: to be communicated soon
- Exam Date: to be announced soon
UPSC Recruitment 2019 Vacancy Details
• Geologist, Group A: 79 Posts
• Geophysicist, Group A: 05 Posts
• Chemist Group A: 15 Posts
• Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A: 3 Posts
UPSC Recruitment 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Geologist, Group A: Master's degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resources Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology from a University.
- Geophysicist, Group A: M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University.
- Chemist Group A: M.Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University.
- Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A: Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a University.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2020 Selection Criteria
Candidates will be selected through Prelims, Mains and Interview Round.
Download Official Notification PDF Here
Apply Online Link
How to apply for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2020
Interested candidates can apply to the posts through the online mode on or before 15 October 2019. Candidates can take a printout of the finally submitted online application for future reference.
Application Fee for UPSC ESE 2020
- General - Rs. 200/‐
- Female/SC/ST/PwBD – No Fee