UPSEE 2016 Counselling: Understanding the UPSEE/UPTU Counselling Procedure
Much to the joy and relief of the students, the Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) now known as Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) declared the UPSEE 2016 Results on 27th May. This year, a whopping 87.5% aspirants qualified UPSEE-2016 as per the official data released by the UPTU. As far as engineering aspirants are concerned, of the total 1,36,851 lakh candidates nearly 1,19,815 managed to qualify the UPSEE 2016. Now all these candidates are eagerly waiting for the UPSEE Counselling Procedure to begin so that they can get engineering seats allotted as per their choice of engineering branches and college / institute.
Like every year, UPTU / AKTU is expected to begin the UPSEE counselling process on 24th Jun 2016 to complete the final seat allotment for all the engineering aspirants. But considering the fierce competition for few seats and time constraints associated with the process, engineering aspirants are strongly advised to get detailed information about the UPSEE 2016 Counselling process in advance. For the benefit of the candidates, we have compiled all the critical information about UPSEE Counselling 2016 below.
UPSEE Counselling Process
As per the latest update available, UPTU / AKTU is likely to continue with the online registration and counselling process for UPSEE 2016. Candidates who have qualified in UPSEE 2016 will be called in for the counselling process based upon their UPSEE Rank. Along with candidates who have valid JEE Main 2016 Rank will also be eligible to be part of the UPSEE Counselling Process. In all four rounds of UPSEE Counselling 2016 will take place in which students will be able to register their preference for engineering branch and college which they would like to pursue undergraduate level engineering programmes. The general flow of UPSEE counselling process is given below:
Document Verification Stage
Soon after the declaration of UPSEE 2016 Results, the UPSEE Counselling 2016 Letters will be made available to the candidates through the official website i.e., upsee.nic.in. In order to retrieve the UPSEE Counselling Letter, candidates will have to login the portal using their Course, Roll Number and Date of Birth. After procuring the UPSEE Counselling Letter, students should check for the nearest UPSEE 2016 Document Verification Centres that can be approached for the document verification process.
Documents required for UPSEE 2016 Counselling Process
- UPSEE 2016 / JEE Main 2016 Admit Card
- UPSEE Counselling 2016 Letter for candidates qualified in UPSEE 2016
- UPSEE Online Registration Slip for candidates applying through JEE Main 2016 rank
- Board Examination Marksheets of Class 10 (High School) and Class 12 (Intermediate)
- Character certificate issued by the last school / institute attended
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Category Certificate for SC/ST/OBC candidates (if applicable)
- Freedom fighters/Armed forces/Physically handicapped certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate for economically weak candidates (if applicable)GDDA category certificate (if applicable)
- Rural Weightage Certificate (if applicable)
After gathering all the aforementioned documents, candidates are expected to visit the UPSEE 2016 Document Verification Centres personally along with originals as well as photocopies for the verification and authentication process. In addition to submitting these documents, students will also have to UPSEE Counselling fee of Rs 500 through a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of Finance Officer, Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow”, payable at Lucknow. After the verification of documents and UPSEE counselling fees, the candidate would be sent OTP (One Time Password) using which they can login on the official portal for choice filling process.
Online Choice Filling for UPSEE 2016 Counselling
After completing the document verification process, students can head back to the official website of the UPSEE 2016 counselling in order to complete the online choice filling process. In this process, engineering aspirants will have to submit a number of choices / preferences they have for desired courses and the colleges. As per previous experience, UPSEE 2016 counselling candidates will have to submit different choices for different rounds of the Counselling process. Candidates, who have lower UPSEE 2016 Rank are advised to provide multiple choices to increase the chances of landing a preferred course and college. After zeroing down on the available preferences, students can lock their choices and take a printout of the filled choices for reference purposes.
After the online choice filling process is completed, the UPTU / AKTU will begin the counselling rounds. Looking at last year, students should expect a total of 4 counselling rounds to be held in which students will be allotted seats as per their rank and availability of seats and courses in different institutes across the state of UP.
- Round 1 / Top Rankers: UPSEE 2016 Counselling Round 1 is generally conducted in two different phases. During this round, candidates of all streams holding UPSEE Ranks between 1 to 35,000 will be invited for seat allocation.
- Round 2 / For JEE Main 2016 Rankers: The second round of UPSEE counselling process is conducted exclusively for candidates seeking admission through JEE Main 2016 Ranks.
- Round 3 / For SC/ST/OBC Candidates: The third round of UPSEE 2016 counselling will be held exclusively for SC/ST/OBC candidates. All rank holders falling within these categories will be called in for the counselling and seat allotment process in the third round.
- Round 4 / additional round: The fourth round of UPSEE 2016 counselling will be held in case seats remain vacant after the first three rounds. Candidates will have to re-register to be part of this round and will have to let go of any seats allocated earlier in any of the previous counselling rounds.
UPSEE 2016 Seat Allotment Results
The final seat allotment after UPSEE 2016 counselling rounds will be done on the basis of UPSEE Ranks of respective candidates and the preferences provided by them. The first preference for course and colleges will be provided to top ranking candidates of UPSEE 2016 in each round. The UPSEE 2016 Seat Allotment Results will be made available online on the official website. Candidates will also be able to download the UPSEE 2016 Seat Allotment Letters from the portal.
UPSEE 2016 Seat Confirmation
Once the seat is allotted, the candidate will be able to download the UPSEE 2016 Allotment letter from the official website of UPSEE. Candidates must take this letter to the same document verification centre where they had completed the document verification state for seat confirmation process.
In order to confirm the UPSEE 2016 Seats, candidates need to pay Rs. 15000, as the confirmation fee through online payment gateway available on the website or through a Demand Draft (DD) in favour of ‘Finance Officer, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow’ payable at the city of document verification centre.
Candidates will have to complete the UPSEE 2016 Seat Confirmation process within the stipulated time -frame in order to retain the seat; failure to do so will lead to cancellation of seat allotment. After payment of fees, candidates have to complete the final step of visiting the allotted colleges as per the dates specified in the allotment letters.
Although we have tried to cover all the important points required to complete the UPSEE 2016 Counselling Process, students are advised to go through the official brochure available on UPSEE website to cross-check all the facts. Some facts and processes might have changed last minute as per the discretion of the UPTU / AKTU.