Vocational courses options for class 10 students
What is a vocational Course? Vocational courses are industry specific courses aimed to trains and prepare student with technical skills required for a particular profession. It provides necessary skills through practical and theoretical learning. Vocational courses are offered by vocational education schools, colleges and Technical Institutes which are different from school education system.
Why should I take vocational course training? Students who want to begin their career early can opt for Vocational education as they can develop their skills and knowledge in their interested domain. Moreover, for students who cannot complete their formal education under 10+2 pattern and are confused for what after 10th ?, vocational education is a good option.
Benefits of Vocational Courses – The importance of Vocational Education and Training is equal for students as well as the employers. Read here Importance of Vocational courses –
- Industry specific – The vocational courses are focused on training students with skills which are suitable for particular Industry such as hospitality management, Health Care, Auto-Mobiles, Animation, Fashion and Textile etc.
- Career Growth – The students who develop skills in specific profession are inclined towards higher career growth as they are eventually employed right after graduation from Vocational Institutes.
- Learning professional skills – Students get to learn the professional ethics and skills as they are provided industrial training during vocational education and training.
- Demand of Skilled Employees – There is constant demand for skilled employees in Industrial sector as they are potential and trained youngsters who can contribute in the industry for long term. Also, employers prefer skilled people over highly educated as they do not require training them specifically for any task.
- Experience –Students develop skills through vocational courses and are employed in their specific industry so they add experience and progress towards better career options.
- Economic Scenario– Students who are financially unstable can opt for vocational courses after class 10 as there are various Vocational Training Institutes which are recognised, owned and funded by Government.
- Short Term Skill development – Vocational Education Courses are generally Certificate and Diploma courses which are of six months to 3 years duration.
Vocational Courses for class 10 – There are various vocational training institutes and schools which are recognised by Government for specialisation in –
Hospitality Management Courses –
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Services
- Diploma in Bakery & Confectionary
- Diploma in Craft Course in Food Production
- Diploma in Cookery
- Diploma in House Keeping
- Diploma in Restaurant & Counter Service
- Diploma in Hotel Reception & Book Keeping
- Hotel & Hospitality Operations Management
After 10th Diploma in Courses in Engineering and Technology –
- Diploma in Architectural Assistantship
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering - Industry Integrated
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics (Microprocessor)
- Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Diploma in Fashion Design
- Diploma in Food Technology
- Diploma in Garment Technology
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Instrumentation Technol