WBJEE 2016: Eligibility Criteria & Application Process
WBJEE one of the key engineering entrance exams of the year that screens students for admission to the undergraduate engineering programmes at various governmental, private and aided educational institutions in West Bengal. The WBJEE Board is expected to release the application forms and information bulletin for WBJEE in the third week of December 2015. In order to avoid any last minute mistakes during the application process, it is advised that aspirants clearly understand the WBJEE 2016 Application process and eligibility criteria in advance. We have compiled all the information regarding WBJEE application process below:
Fulfilling necessary eligibility criteria for WBJEE is a task in itself and failing to do so will lead to rejection of application by the exam board. Therefore, it is very important for candidates to understand and fulfil the necessary WBJEE eligibility criteria as given below:
WBJEE Eligibility for General Category:
- Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India
- Age Limit: Candidate must be 17 years old as on 31st December 2016, there is no upper age limit for applicants.
- Academic Qualifications: The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with minimum 45% marks with English, Physics and Mathematics as compulsory and Chemistry, Biology or Technical Vocational Subjects as elective subjects.
WBJEE Eligibility for Reserved Category
- Domicile Requirement: Candidates applying for WBJEE under reserved categories must be a resident of West Bengal.
- Academic Qualifications: For reserved categories, the academic qualification is relaxed to 40% with minimum 30% marks in English subject.
Eligibility for B.Tech (Marine Engineering)
- Age Limit: Candidate seeking admission to B.Tech (Marine Engineering) course should be 17 years of age or above as on 31st December 2016, and not be above 25 years of age as on 31st July 2016.
- Academic Qualifications: Same as general and reserved categories.
WBEE Application Procedure
Like every year, the WBJEE Application Forms will be notified through online mode by the exam board in third week of December 2015. Candidates willing to apply for the entrance exam will have to complete the application procedure by February 2016. Being an online form, the application process is quite simple and straightforward. Broadly, the application procedure can be divided into three stages i.e., filling of personal information, uploading necessary documents and payment of Application Fees.
Steps to Fill WBJEE Application Form
Step 1: Register at the official website wbjeeb.nic.in and fill in all the necessary personal information
Step 2: Verify and submit the information. Post submission, the portal will redirect to document uploading page.
Step 3: Upload the following documents on the portal
- Passport Size Photograph: Upload your scanned passport size coloured photograph in 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm (b/w 4 kb to 100 kb) in jpeg format.
- Signature: Upload scanned copy of your signature in 1.5 cm x 3.5 cm (b/w 1 kb to 30 kb) in jpeg format
- Thumb Impression: Upload thumb impression in 1.5 cm x 3.5 cm (b/w 1 kb to 30 kb) in jpeg format
- Class 10 Admit Card: Upload a scanned copy of your Class 10 admit card in 210 x 297cm (b/w 50 to 300 kb) in jpeg format
- Reservation/Domicile/TFW/Income/PwD Certificates: For candidates falling under reserved categories, the candidates need to upload necessary certificates in 210 x 297cm (b/w 50 to 300 kb) in jpeg format
Step 4: After uploading the necessary documents, the portal will issue a system generated 7 digit application number. Note down the number for future references.
Step 5: The portal will redirect candidate to pay the WBJEE Application Fees of Rs 500/-. The Fees can be paid online through a Netbanking or Credit/Debit Cards; or by downloading e-challan.
Step 6: After successful payment of WBJEE fees, a confirmation page will be displayed. Candidates are expected to download this page or take a printout for future reference.
You can also get: