What do B-Schools look for in a Candidate?
It’s not only about cracking management entrance exams such as CAT, XAT and CMAT to take admission to premier MBA institutes in India. There is a lot more than that as almost every b-school conducts its own entrance test which includes written ability test, group discussion and personal interview to shortlist candidates. Some of the important skills that a candidate must possess are analytical skills, decision making and problem solving skills. Precisely speaking, these are the following basic elements that interviewers look for in a candidate:
• Intellectual Ability: The candidate must be having an excellent intellectual ability which he/she may utilize to resolve problems lying upfront
• Analytical Mindset: He/She must be analytical in order to analyze situations that are otherwise strenuous.
• Decisive and Precise: He/She must act in a decisive order and must be apt and precise in approaches.
• Smart Presentations: The candidate must be smart while presenting himself/herself.
• Logical: They must be logical in their approach and not random. Logic suffices acceptance.
• Success Records: They should be having a trace of success records in the past academic life that clarifies them to be a fair choice.
• Maturity: They must show maturity and act professionally in all possible dimensions of life.
• Self-Motivated: They must be self driven and motivated to proceed on their own determination.
• Leadership: One essential quality is being a great Leader, who can lead from the front.
• Extrovert: The candidate must be outspoken and open to conversations freely.
• Perseverance and Mentally stable: He/She must be a mentally sound person and willing to perform under all circumstances.
• Creative and Innovative: Bringing in new, a fresh and imaginative idea is expected from a candidate. So, he/she must be innovative and creative.
• Communication Skills: This goes without saying that the candidate must be an excellent in communication skills.
• Personal Integrity: He/she must have an integrity that adds to likeability for him by others. Being polite, calm, humble and soft spoken is one major aspect that the B-Schools look in an MBA candidate.
B-Schools judge candidates via an extensive process of Group Discussion, Personal Interview and MBA Entrance exams. So, a candidate in some way or the other needs to be equipped in the above mentioned skill sets in order to be the choice of a B-School.