The State Bank of India (SBI) was constituted on 1 July 1955. Arguably the most respected bank in the country. Associate Banks of SBI have invited applications from Indian citizens for the post of Clerks.
Name of the post and Number of Vacancies in Associate Banks of SBI(State Bank of India)
Clerks: 7740 Vacancies
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ): 1400
- State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH): 1880
- State Bank of Mysore (SBM): 800
- State Bank of Patiala (SBP): 1160
- State Bank of Travancore (SBT): 2500
Important Dates for Clerks Recruitment in Associate Banks of SBI
- Opening date for online registration: 30 July 2012
- Closing date for online registration: 13 August 2012
- Opening Date for online payment of fees: 30 July 2012
- Opening Date for online payment of fees: 13 August 2012
- Opening Date for offline payment of fees: 1 August 2012
- Closing Date for offline payment of fees: 17 August 2012
- Date of Written Examination: 7 October 2012 & 14 October 2012
Eligibility Criteria for Clerks Recruitment in Associate Banks of SBI
Educational Qualification: Minimum 12th Standard (10+ 2) pass or equivalent qualification with a minimum of aggregate 60% marks (55% for SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS) OR Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or college
Age Limit (as on 1 August 2012): Minimum 18 years; Maximum 30 years
Selection Procedure for Recruitment of Clerks in Associate Banks of SBI: Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Test and Interview.
Written Test: The written test will of Objective type and comprise of the following topics
e)Marketing Aptitude/ Computer Knowledge
The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be printed bilingual i.e., English & Hindi. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests.
Interview: Depending upon the number of vacancies only certain number of candidates from amongst those who qualify by ranking high enough in the merit will be called for interview in the ratio of 1:3.
How to Apply for Recruitment in Associate Banks of SBI: Candidates need to apply online through the bank’s website- http://www.statebankofindia.com/ Click recruitment on the left hand side of the home page. Once submitted a registration number and password will be generated by the system. Please note the registration number and password for future use. Take a printout of the system generated application form immediately.
Application Fee: Application fee for SC/ST/PWD is Rs 50 and fee for General/other category candidate is Rs 350.
- Online Fee Payment: The payment can be made by using MASTER/VISA Debit/ Credit cards or Internet Banking. On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form will be generated; which may be printed for record.
- Offline Fee Payment: Fee payment will be accepted from 2nd working day after registration and can be made within three working days at any branch of State Bank of India. System generated fee payment challan will be used for depositing fee. Once fee is paid, the registration process is completed.
For more details, please CLICK HERE