Kerala has some of the most prestigious educational institutes in India, and you thought it is famous just for banana chips! Kerala is not just a maintained beautiful state but also the one that has the maximum literate population in the country. Moreover, the state government ensures that locals of Kerala have access to higher and professional education around their home towns. Those who have been looking for best Mass Communication schools, here is a list of some of them in Kerala. The following colleges have been picked up on the basis of their placement record, quality of education offered, faculty members and the infrastructure of the campus.
- Manorama School of Communication – Situated in Kottayam, Manorama School of Communication is one of the top ten Mass Communication colleges of India. It is more famously known as MASCOM. The creative curriculum ensures that students are not only given the text book knowledge but are also provided with hands-on experience in the industry. It offers full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism, which includes at least two field trips.
- School of Communication and Management Studies, Cochin University – Known as SCMS, it started as a single institute and has grown into a group of ten educational institutions. It has a separate department called SCMS Institute of Masscom Studies, which is the first one to get recognition from the government of Kerala. It is the only institute in India that has been approved by the Public Relations Society of India.
- Institute of Multimedia and Animation – IMA is considered among the best Mass Communication colleges in the God’s own country; Kerala. Many alumni of this institute have made a successful career in the field of animation and are today working at some of the most reputed animation firms in the nation. The institute is known for providing quality education through qualified and well-experienced faculty. A variety of courses are offered in multimedia and animation, including diploma in 2D and 3D animation.
- Media Village – With the aim of being the ‘art and craft of communication’, Media Village of Kerala dreams of creating a value based media culture in India. The unique animation and graphic design programs offered here create skilled people who can make a stand in a variety of industries. With its specialized designed curriculum, the students can opt for any career of their choice because they are taught the skills of creativity, critical thinking, drawing and designing.
- University of Calicut – Being the second University in Kerala, it was started in 1968. The University of Calicut is known for offering a wide range of courses to students. It has set up its two extension centers at Vatakara and Thrissur. It offers Bachelor course in Multimedia Communication and Bachelor degree in Theatre Arts. The university uses latest methodologies of imparting education and is ready to meet the changing demands of the industry.
- Farook College – Located in Kozhikode, Farook College was established in 1948. It is affiliated to the University of Calicut and offers Post Graduate program in Mass Communication and Journalism. It believes in the over-all growth of the student to ensure they have the capability of building a better country. Started with the aim of providing best people for the media industry, the institute has been fulfilling its dream since the day of its inception.
- Mar Ivanios College – Founded in 1949 MIC is situated in Thiruvanathapuram, the capital of Kerala. It offers full time three-year Post Graduate program in Mass Communication. It is a part of the University of Kerala and the first institute of the University to get accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council.